What Could Go Wrong?

Sheriff David Clarke Jr

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke Jr. has a message for his constituents — you can’t count on me!

“Violent crime went up nearly 10 percent in Milwaukee,” Clarke said in the ad, posted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “Are you the next victim? You don’t have to be, but that’s your call. Armed criminals are being put back on the street by a soft on crime courts system even before the ink dries on police reports. Are you prepared to handle a life or death threat? Wisconsin’s Personal Protection Act now gives you the same advantage that I have. Now it’s the crook who has to wonder what you might do. It can be a great equalizer, but you always have to think survival. Remember, it’s you and me now.”

Way to restore the public’s faith in our nation’s institutions, Sheriff David Clarke. Thank you for your non-service. Tell me again — why should anyone vote for you next time?

Rapturists like David Clarke who believe the end of civilization is nigh have no business serving as the goddamn county sheriff.

This entry was posted in Gun Fetishists, Guns and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • MrDHalen

    We’ve already done the wild wild west thing and guess what, it sucked! Our laws and social contract are in place because we’ve seen what life was like without them and it sucks.

  • muselet

    I thought the name sounded familiar:

    Milwaukee city and county leaders, the Greenfield Police Department and the president of the Milwaukee Deputy Sheriffs’ Association criticized a January radio spot in which Clarke suggested calling 911 and waiting is not the best option when your safety is threatened and that residents should consider taking firearms classes. The ad led to a lot of national news exposure for Clarke, including an appearance debating the ad on CNN with Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett. The ads are funded by taxpayer money.

    According to David Clarke, citizens of Milwaukee County shouldn’t just call 911, they should arm themseves. And according to Clarke, crime is up in his jurisdiction, but the problem is the courts and citizens of Milwaukee County should arm themselves.

    It sounds to me like Sheriff Clarke knows he’s incompetent, so he’s pointing in all directions and shouting, “It’s their fault!” If his irresponsibility weren’t a danger to the public, I’d dismiss him as a buffoon.

    –alopecia