Whoops! The Vatican Bought a Gay Sauna

I’m not a huge Catholic Church basher, but this made me laugh the laugh of all laughs.

A day ahead of the papal conclave, faces at the scandal-struck Vatican were even redder than usual after it emerged that the Holy See had purchased a €23 million (£21 million) share of a Rome apartment block that houses Europe’s biggest gay sauna.

And:

The senior Vatican figure sweating the most due to the unlikely proximity of the gay Europa Multiclub is probably Cardinal Ivan Dias, the head of the Congregation for Evangelisation of Peoples, who is due to participate in tomorrow’s election at the Sistine Chapel.

This 76-year-old “prince of the church” enjoys a 12-room apartment on the first-floor of the imposing palazzo, at 2 Via Carducci, just yards from the ground floor entrance to the steamy flesh pot. There are 18 other Vatican apartments in the block, many of which house priests.

I’m sure you’ll write your own jokes in the comments.

This entry was posted in LGBT, Religion and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    Giving the sauna a good marketing name is something the priests could ‘get behind’…..
    Thy Rod & Staff?

    Maybe Cardinal Dias can go down to the smoothie bar for a protein shake.

  • Christopher Foxx

    The priests were shocked, shocked to find out there was a gay sauna just yards away.

  • http://www.facebook.com/Novak83 Ed Novak

    Really, we should all just be thankful it’s a gay sauna and not an orphanage.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Ed wins the internet.