Worst Person in the World

Adam Corolla for marketing in what could be one of the most racist conversations I’ve heard in quite some time. Here he is implying that African Americans and Hispanics have some sort of short-circuit in their genes that prevents them from having close families, becoming educated and advancing in society.

Yeah. Did I mention how racist it was?

“What’s wrong with them?” asked Carolla. “I want to know why those two groups don’t have access. Are they flawed?”

Newsom quickly attempted to steer the conversation elsewhere. “I don’t want to have a sociological debate,” he said.

“I want to know why [Blacks and Latinos] are struggling,” Carolla continued. “Do Asians have this problem? Why do so many [Blacks and Latinos]? Blacks have been here longer than we have. What about Asians—they were put in internment camps. Are they at the check cashing places?”

“Why are [these problems] concentrated in the African American community?” Newsom responded. “Look at the history. It’s naïve to suggest that those things don’t matter.”

“How about the Jews?” asked Carolla. “No problems in the past? Whose had it worse? Why are the Jews doing well? [...] Why do some groups do so much better? I’ll tell you why: They have a family who puts an emphasis on education.”

And don’t try to tell me he was joking. It was a serious conversation with Gavin Newsom and not a stand-up routine or a comedy sketch.

Now, I could write volumes on this and perhaps I will. But suffice to say, there are more whites on welfare than African Americans. And there are millions of quite successful African Americans, including and especially the president and First Lady. That said, there’s 300+ years of American societal oppression, slavery, demonization, segregation, neo-slavery, Jim Crow laws, lynchings, terrorism, Southern Strategy politics and continuing racism that will take a considerable amount of time to overcome. Hell, and it’s dinks like Corolla who continue to perpetuate racial resentment and anger because they’re not smart enough to understand the historical struggle and the hurdles African Americans have had to clear. No other demographic group has endured such ongoing oppression in America. None.

This entry was posted in Racism and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    I think this scene best sums up the ridiculousness of Corolla’s statement. My compliments to “12 Angry Men”…which if you haven’t seen I highly recommend you take the time to watch it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTDhgR3p12w

    • Victor_the_Crab

      I read it and watched that movie in high school. Excellent movie. In the late 90s, HBO redid this version of the movie with Jack Lemmon and George C. Scott in the roles that Henry Fonda and Lee J. Cobb did respectively. Ironically, the role of the racist was portrayed by an African American.

    • 1933john

      One good flick.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Jimmy Kimmel must be distancing himself further and further from his old Man Show partner.

    There is a lot of this simmering resentment going on in white America. I think they miss the “good old days”…….you know, back when “men were men”, women were forced to grovel, and black people “knew their place”.

    These people could otherwise be termed Neanderthal pigs. And they for sure hold no degrees in sociology or history.

    Fuck Adam Carolla and all his brethren.

    • mrbrink

      Well said.

      This is why Adam Corolla is so dumbfounded.

      Being a half-witted sophomoric piece of shit motherfucker didn’t hold him back.

      He should be stripped of his rights and forced to work on a plantation for 400 years. Work on that tan.

        “He should be stripped of his rights and forced to work on a plantation for 400 years.”

        I’d pay to see that happen to more of the idiots than Carolla.

  • joseph2004

    I don’t think he was joking, no way. Another way to read what he’s saying is, There is nothing “wrong” with these people, so why are they, relative to other groups, so incapable of advancing themselves? And why do we keeping hearing from folks like Bob Cesca that they can’t be expected to advance themselves because of history?
    Intimations that socially and culturally these groups have some hang ups is deemed by Cesca as “racist” rants. So addressing what really is holding them back is out of bounds, apparently.
    I don’t think Corolla’s ignoring history by asking why Blacks and Hispanics are struggling compared to other races and ethnicities in America.
    Cesca provides the usual out for them; they’ve been oppressed for hundreds of years, and he hangs it on them like a ball and chain. He blames others for creating stereotypes, not the black or hispanic communities themselves. Are they incapable of helping themselves? That’s a question a lot of people are asking.
    But apparently, asking is tantamount to admitting ignorance of history and betraying one’s own deep racism.

      You are an ass, joseph.

      “Are they incapable of helping themselves?”

      Cute. When you are FORCED to start from BEHIND, it takes you longer to catch up.

      Get it?

      ugh………

    • http://www.facebook.com/frederic.poag Frederic Poag

      Once again you come in full of bluster and leave nothing substantial. You’re nothing but digital hot air full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

    • i_a_c

      Yeah, haha, “we’re just asking the questions!” I’m glad you’ve taken to Gretchen Carlson-level of discourse. Come back when you have something substantive to say.

      “Are they incapable of helping themselves? That’s a question a lot of people are asking.”

      Nice use of the Cavuto Mark — making a statement you believe is true but adding a question mark to make it seem as if you’re just posing the question. The intention of this statement is to suggest that blacks and Hispanics have some sort of racial, genetic flaw preventing them from being as successful as other groups. This is purely a racist view.

      Hi joseph2004! I loved your big scene in “12 Angry Men.”

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Yes, according to conservatards like you, racism has been solved and everything is all tickety boo, hunkey dorey for blacks and hispanics, and they should be happy and get on with their lives and stop whinning about it whenever some authority figure pulls them over for whatever.pops into their heads. A simple answer from a simpleton like you, joeyratface.

  • ninjaf

    How shocking that this misogynist is also a racist.
    /snark

      SRSLY. No one could have predicted that Adam Carolla would say such a thing. NO ONE.

  • JackDaniel07

    I’ve had an old friend begging me to tune into Corolla’s podcast – glad I refrained…

  • i_a_c

    Seriously I could not stand Adam Corolla on TV and I could barely dredge my way through this audio clip of his. He’s annoying and unfunny.

    Here is what I find most disturbing about the current version of the Republican party: Paul Ryan stated publicly that his politics had been significantly influenced by Ayn Rand and her book, “Atlas Shrugged.” He said that. And nobody said a word. And as I watched and listened to Paul Ryan, I realized he really does believe in the ideology and ideas of Ayn Rand. He really does believe that the rich have some kind of divine favor and that the poor are just leaches on society. As hard as it can be to imagine the Republican extremists really do believe in a form of ideology that says that the rich should get all the breaks and the poor are just on their own.

    In the same way, they really do subscribe to the kind of racism that says people of color are not like them–the white people. People of color are not as intelligent; they don’t have families or family structures like ours; and people of color–especially blacks and Hispanics–are just waiting for government handout. The Republicans see people of color as “the other”, not worthy of our time as a society. The fact that they got their asses handed to them in the last election by African Americans and Hispanics didn’t help them to see the error in their thinking. Creating laws to block the vote is easier than trying to win it.

    A politician running for the second highest office in the land stated that he was influenced by the writing of one of the most controversial, contentious and racist thinkers in the world and hardly anyone said a word. Well, except us, the progressives. At what point in time do we start holding people like Corolla accountable for this kind of blatant racism? Gore Vidal was right: we really are a profoundly racist country. Sad.

  • Treading_Water

    No other demographic group has endured such ongoing oppression in America. None.

    The original inhabitants of this country might disagree with you on that. Wasn’t it just this election season that war whoops and tomahawk chops were considered political debate in Elizabeth Warren’s election?

    Of course, that doesn’t diminish your point at all. After all, how many First Nations people are in positions of power?

  • muselet

    Adam who?

    –alopecia

  • http://www.sockpuppettheatre.com/ John Foley

    I used to listen to Carolla all the time, but he’s really gone off the rails now that he’s unfettered by network standards.

    With that said, I don’t believe he’s a racist. I think a lot of his fans are, but I don’t think he is. He’s just an abrasive asshole who doesn’t care what he says. When I agree with him –as I often do when it comes to matters of religion or drug legalization– he can be very amusing. Listening to him rail against organized religion has elicited more than a few “fuck yeahs” from me.

    Unfortunately, lately Carolla’s become convinced he knows everything about politics, economics, and sociology… and he’s just a complete idiot when it comes to that shit. He should really stick to talking about carpentry and giving relationship advice to teenagers.

  • http://www.facebook.com/jim.joki.5 Jim Joki

    Corolla may be racist, but I don’t know anyone who isn’t, including the most vocal ‘crusaders against racism’. He’s a comedian who’s used to speaking his mind, so you aren’t going to get filtered conversation. What’s interesting to me is that while there is plenty of racism in both white and black America, the latter is the only group who can say pretty much any old racist thing that comes in their head and have no repercussions.

    I recognize and agree with many of the problems liberals point to regarding racism in America, but I can’t understand how ‘they’ can support a system that actively inhibits the progress of black America. By the way, I can’t use the phrase African Americans, because the black guys I know all say they’ll kick my butt if I do.