Worst Persons in the World

UPDATE: Yes, I know Ashby posted something about this yesterday, but I thought I'd weigh in, too, since I've been tracking the far-right's disgraceful bullying and stalking of political "noncombatants" for several years and this ought to be added to the list. Further reading here and here.

The professional trolls at Breitbart for stalking the Obama daughters and hectoring them about where they're vacationing. Here's Matthew Boyles' major scoop:

Sasha and Malia Obama are quietly vacationing at the Atlantis resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas, Breitbart News has learned.

A source tipped Breitbart News off to the First Daughters’ spring vacation, which was not publicly announced or reported.

Okay and why is this news? Why is anyone even bothering to investigate where two children go on vacation? The far-right is shameless when it comes to stalking and harassing political noncombatants -- children most of the time. But when it comes to the Obama girls, who the hell knows what kind of freakdogs will take the information and run with it.
This entry was posted in Worst Persons and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Lady Willpower

    Even Andrew Breitbart would be ashamed of how bad that website has gotten.

      I doubt that, you need a sense of shame for that first. The right is desperately trying
      to turn the focus on President Obama sending his kids to such a place on the taxpayer’s
      dime, pretending to not understand that the Obama’s are independently wealthy
      and the Secret Service gets paid to protect the entire family 24/7 no matter
      where they are in the world.

      As usual, they start with a non-issue and try to balloon it into a scandal. Then
      they whine and complain when no one takes them seriously until major news
      organizations DO take them seriously

    • drsquid

      Not likely; they’re likely calling us feces for daring to criticize them.

      Damn corpse worshipers.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Doubtful. Breitbart always made sure that when anything blew up in his face, it was always someone else’s fault. He never responsibility for so much as a fart in an elevator.

  • Clancy

    Given the sensitivity of the information, why did you feel the need to repeat the location of their vacation? While I’ve no doubt that the frequency of freakdogs who troll around at Breitbart.com is far greater than these parts, the chances that one will happen on the details here are significant.

    There’s nothing wrong with calling out this kind of nonsense, but isn’t providing these details, despite your organization expressing that it should be against policy the same thing as publishing the name of a crime victim or underage defendant simply because someone else has already done so? What’s the point of the outrage if you’re simply going to join in?

  • bphoon

    A source tipped Breitbart News off to the First Daughters’ spring vacation, which was not publicly announced or reported.

    I personally don’t have a problem with the White House–any White House–not publicly announcing the whereabouts of the President’s family members while they’re off doing personal things. The only time anything like that should be announced is if one of the is performing some official function. Security, don’t you know…

  • drsquid

    Vacation! The week before Easter! Who does that?

    (Besides a lot of the country, that is.)

    Unprecedented!

  • muselet

    Gawdamn, this sounds familiar.

    Then as now, Newsweek via The Daily Beast:

    We checked with the White House for a price breakdown of the trip, looking for a smoking gun. And honestly, there isn’t one. The bulk of the trip—the hotel stay and all meals—were paid for by the Obamas and their close friends who joined them. “Any additional footprint,” says a White House aide, “including additional rooms needed for security support, falls under the same rules as have applied to any previous first-family travel: the costs are split appropriately, with private expenses paid for privately; government expenses are paid for by the government.”

    Wouldn’t it be nice if the Right developed a new obsession?

    –alopecia