Your Final Reminder: John Boehner Got “98 Percent” of What He Wanted. He’s Pretty Happy.

When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy.

Today is a very confusing day if you’re a conservative pundit.

On one hand, you have the chairman of the Republican Study Committee and various Rapturists on the right claiming that sequestration is a “big victory,” and on the other hand you have Republican leadership claiming sequestration is the worst thing since the Black Death.

Which message do you run with?

Either way, you can be seen as owning today’s decision to “catch a plane,” as the president said, rather than avert this terrible, horrible thing that you kind-of-sort-of approve of.

This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/fringeblog Jeremiah Lewis

    This isn’t exactly rocket science. And turn the issue around–On the one hand you’ve got Obama saying he’s willing to accept entitlement reform as part of a deal, while many other Dems are howling against ANY kind of entitlement cuts at all. Which message do you run with?

    • JMAshby

      There is no comparison. Dem leadership has delivered a unified message for years now. Reports otherwise have been filtered through the Both Sides ‘Omatic 5000 machine in DC.

      • http://twitter.com/fringeblog Jeremiah Lewis

        Gotcha. So NO Dems are against entitlement cuts?

        • JMAshby

          That’s not what I said. Dem leadership has been consistent in its openness to reform, but not cutting benefits. No one supports cutting benefits.

  • muselet

    Which message do you run with?

    Both, secure in the knowledge that no one in our glorious news media will bother to point out the contradiction.

    –alopecia