4 Percent of Americans Believe in Lizard People

Public Policy Polling has released their latest poll on conspiracy theories in America and the results are quite amusing.

Here’s a few of my favorites:

37% of voters believe global warming is a hoax, 51% do not. Republicans say global warming is a hoax by a 58-25 margin, Democrats disagree 11-77, and Independents are more split at 41-51. 61% of Romney voters believe global warming is a hoax

28% of voters believe secretive power elite with a globalist agenda is conspiring to eventually rule the world through an authoritarian world government, or New World Order. A plurality of Romney voters (38%) believe in the New World Order compared to 35% who don’t

28% of voters believe Saddam Hussein was involved in the 9/11 attacks. 36% of Romney voters believe Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11, 41% do not

13% of voters think Barack Obama is the anti-Christ, including 22% of Romney voters

4% of voters say they believe “lizard people” control our societies by gaining political power

22 percent of Romney voters believe President Obama is the anti-Christ while 36 percent believe Saddam Hussein had a hand in 9/11.

There are nice things out there and this is why we can’t have them.

The good news is only 4 percent believe in lizard people which is still below the number of people who believe the moon landing was shot on a sound stage (7 percent).

This entry was posted in Poll and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    “through an authoritarian world government, or New World Order. A
    plurality of Romney voters (38%) believe in the New World Order”

    But in their case, it’s actually wishful thinking.

  • bphoon

    Why is this not surprising to me?

  • 1933john

    What in the hell are “lizard people”?

    • SlapFat

      It’s a very bizarre conspiracy theory involving “lizard people” that live on a different planet and manipulate the people of Earth to do their bidding. It’s been around for an oddly long amount of time, and researchers like Chip Berlet have done research regarding this oddball phenomenon and its connection to the right-wing.

      • 1933john

        Paul Ryan has the features of a lizard, very interesting indeed.

      The conspiracy is built around videos of people blinking strangely. I was under the impression that Glenn Beck was the main proponent, so I’m pleased to see it “only” reached 4%.