Bill O’Reilly Doesn’t Care About DOMA Either Way

Astonishing. So the leader of the Culture War has confirmed that he doesn’t care whether DOMA lives or dies:

“You know, I don’t really feel one way or the other about it. I think it’s a symbolic act, so whatever they want to do there in Congress, fine.”

This entry was posted in LGBT and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Christopher Foxx

    Of course he doesn’t care. O’Reilly’s interest has always only been whats beneficial to him. He lacks all other convictions.

  • muselet

    O’Reilly said that the gay marriage issue needs to be left to the states, explaining that he does not believe that “the federal government should impose anything on anybody.”

    In other words, Bill O’Reilly is making the same argument the Right always makes when it’s on the losing side nationally: move the fight to the states. These are not the words of someone who is willing to accept marriage equality, even reluctantly.

    And let us all pause for a moment to appreciate the irony of a Righty making such a statement about the federal government.

    Bill O’Reilly sounds like someone who’s read the writing on the wall and knows he’s going to be on the losing end, so he tries and act all nonchalant about it.

  • Clecinosu

    Your brain forgot to turn out the lights when it left your head, Bill-O.