Crazy Quote of the Morning

“Just as you said would happen. Top Down, Bottom UP. The Boston Marathon was a Black Ops “terrorist” attack. One suspect killed, the other one will be too before they even have a chance to speak. Drones and now “terrorist” attacks by our own Government. Sad day, but a “wake up” to all of us. First there was a “suspect” then there wasnt. Infowars broke the story and they knew they had been ‘found out’.” New Hampshire State Rep. Stella Tremblay (R-Auburn) on the Glenn Beck Facebook page

Like we’ve been saying: the Republicans are actively mainstreaming the wackadoodle theories on the psychotic fringes of the discourse.

By the way, knowing the Glenn Beck and Alex Jones are mortal enemies (Beck is basically a knock-off of Jones), I’m surprised the moderator didn’t delete the post.

This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Chris Andersen

    When I first saw Beck’s show I realized how much it reminded me of some of the loons I saw on public cable access back in 80s and 90s; even down to the bizarre diagrams written on blackboards. It was mildly entertaining to watch, but I never imagined that some TV producer would think it would make money making television to put it on mainstream TV.

    I guess I once again underestimated TV producer’s avarice.

    • http://twitter.com/WesHopper Wes Hopper

      Naw, you overestimated the intelligence of the target audience. The TV people have a pretty good idea how many really dumb and impressionable people are out there. And I mean waaay out there!

      • Treading_Water

        And almost all of them comment at Huffington Post.

  • js hooper

    Usually I read who the speaker is before I read the quote to kind of envision them saying whatever crazy thing they said.

    But this time i jumped straight in to the quote Bob posted and my head nearly exploded when I got to the end and realized it was an actual elected official who said that shit.

    It reads like a classic conspiracy nutjob from a comment section…America / the Republican Party / Politics in general are really in danger if people like this are being elected to office and have authority to make critical decisions that impact all of us.

  • Roberta Corcoran-Andrasik

    …and someone explain to me why this chick–an effing ELECTED OFFICIAL–cannot/is not being prosecuted for fomenting treasonous response?

      It’s obnoxious but it doesn’t meet the legal definition of treason. Unfortunately….

  • Draxiar

    And somewhere some hipster is thinking that now that the conspiracies are “mainstream” they’re no longer fashionable. “I believed the conspiracies BEFORE they sold out…”

  • muselet

    Andy Kaufman, is that you?

      Funny you’ve said that. I’ve long had this image in my head that one day, Beck will peal his face off like a Scoopy Doo villain and reveal that he’s the late Andy Kaufman.

  • trgahan

    Translation: Hey, conservative white people listening to this show…”BOO!”