Harry Reid is Trolling You

I chuckled heartily as I read this knowing that it will put congressional Republicans in a very awkward position.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid introduced a bill today to require background checks for explosive powder.

Reid introduced the bill, S. 792, for Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.), who has been out sick for much of the year. But in a press statement, Lautenberg said the Boston bombing shows that background checks are needed for explosive materials. [...]

Under current law, people can buy up to 50 pounds of explosive “black powder” with no background check, and can buy unlimited amounts of other explosive powders, such as “black powder substitute” and “smokeless powder.”

Will Republicans vote against background checks for explosives in the wake of a terrorist attack?

Ackbar

This entry was posted in Congress, Harry Reid, Senate and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    Heh heh heh.

  • kevinp

    FINALLY….. we get some reciprocity. republicans when in power have fake votes all the time that are traps. its about ‘effin time HARRY!! now… keep it rolling. baste them in their own rwnj juices and dont stop till they are crisp.

    • Nefercat

      Crisp? Keep them on the spit until they are like the turkey in Christmas Vacation.

  • Christopher Foxx

    Will Republicans vote against background checks for explosives in the wake of a terrorist attack?

    This is a question?

    Republicans voted against background checks for guns in the wake of Newtown and Aurora.

    (Plus, it’s a proposal from Democrats, so all other aspects aside, Republicans will vote against it based on that alone.)

    • ninjaf

      Newtown and Aurora were not terrorist attacks, according to the Right. They were simply a by-product of the second amendment that has to be tolerated…because FREEDOM!

    • JMAshby

      Facetious

      • Christopher Foxx

        No, not flippant. An accurate statement of what has happened.

  • Tbone

    Bout freaking time. Next up how about a bill to ban people on the terrorist watch list from owning weapons. Let republicans vote against it.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Did Harry find his balls this weekend?

      We should be so lucky.