He’s Not Wrong

Is our childrens learning?

“People are surprised. Of course, some people are surprised I can even read.” -George W. Bush on his paintings

bush-upside-down-book

This entry was posted in George W. Bush, Quote and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • mrbrink

    So much emptiness and indifference in his creations. His life now reminds me of someone in a retirement home, or a Sling Blade mental ward painting his world war memories with his poo and blood. He’s a prisoner of his own frame. Half a billion dollars for some halfway house Gacy portraits. Fuck my eyes.

      The mental ward was EXACTLY what I thought of when I saw him with his paintings. Pull that camera back and you’ll see the padded cell with big orderlies dressed in white off to the side.

      • mrbrink

        They say he’s getting better, more clear, less divergent, but he’s doing himself no favors hiding his medication times under his tongue. His paintings were horrifically graphic for the first two years and to finally get to a point where he’s no longer painting his dog Barney with his eyes carved out shows great progress. His Barneys are better now, almost all of them have their eyes, and it won’t be too long until he’s able to handle objects other than supervised paint brushes.

          Also, too, don’t forget the quality of the colors will improve as soon as they allow him to have non-edible paint. When he first started painting his poop looked like a rainbow. And of course, he was wont to use it on the canvas. Thank goodness that phase only lasted a year.

          • mrbrink

            He’s got buckets of red and green stockpiled. Bam! Metaphor!

      His paintings are extremely amateurish at best.

  • zirgar

    Dubya’s marveling at how talented that little girl is to be able to read an upside down book like that.

    • kushiro -

      I love that look. It’s like he’s thinking: “What book are YOU reading? Mine doesn’t say anything like that.”