Jake Tapper is Totally On It

Wow. Check this hard-hitting Tapper segment in which he totally nails Obama and Bloomberg for mistaking automatic weapons and semi-automatic weapons.

And Tapper thinks this is somehow worthy of a debunking? It’s entirely irrelevant to the debate about gun control. Why doesn’t Tapper spend some time on whether Americans really need to own military-style assault weapons? Or the ease with which they can be purchased. Or whether the Second Amendment was intended to protect our right to violently overthrow our government as the NRA and others claim. Or whether the Second Amendment was actually written to protect slave-owners from slave rebellions. There are roughly a gazillion other topics in the gun control realm that deserve more attention than this nitpicking gotcha segment.

CNN is also bringing back Crossfire, which should add to the depth of its programming. In some ways, CNN is actually worse than Fox News. At least Fox News doesn’t pretend to be serious or legitimate.

This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.facebook.com/Alyson.Chadwick Alyson Chadwick

    Good lord, Crossfire? Wow. I used to watch a mixture of Morning Joe, American Morning and Fox & Friends each day. Watching American Morning is a lot like starting your day with an ambien and Fox & Friends makes me want poke my eyes out with a stick and set myself on fire so now I just watch Morning Joe.

    • nathkatun7

      So, is CNN bringing back that imbecile bow-tie man to represent the right on Crossfire? By the way, Alyson, I admire your internal fortitude for being able to endure watching Morning Joke!

  • JMAshby

    It’s the standard “view from nowhere” CNN shtick which Tapper did quite well himself before moving to CNN. It’s a match made in heaven. Or hell.

    They can triangulate themselves into irrelevancy. Good riddance.

  • muselet

    Jake Tapper is a knucklehead.

    That is all.

    They’re bringing Crossfire back? Jesus fuck! Jon Stewart must be banging his head against a brick wall over hearing this news.

    Just when I finally think CNN cannot sink any lower, Jeff Zucker gleefully says “Wanna bet?”

    • nathkatun7

      As far as I am concerned, It’s not just CNN! It’s most of the mainstream media and the so called respectable journalists. For example, Chuck Todd thinks that Republican obstructionism against sensible gun safety measures is because the President went to California to do a fund raising for Democrats. Where has Chuck Todd been for the past four years? Is he not aware that on Jan 20, 2009, the day President Obama took the oath of office, Republicans met and pledged to obstruct everything proposed by President Obama?

  • muselet

    You knew I wouldn’t be able to leave this alone, didn’t you?

    The gun debate is worth having, we will have that conversation on the show, we have had it, we will continue to, but it might help the advocates of gun control if, in their advocacy for stricter measures, they seemed more familiar with what exactly they’re trying to ban.

    Words to live by. I look forward to Jake Tapper making a similar statement in future:

    “The contraception debate is worth having, we will have that conversation on the show, we have had it, we will continue to, but it might help the opponents of contraception if, in their advocacy for stricter measures, they seemed more familiar with what exactly they’re trying to ban.”

    Repeat for abortion, the debt ceiling, voting rights and whatever the Righty pet rock of the day happens to be.

    Useless idiot.

      Next you’re going to tell me that talking about death panels is not a good way to debate health care reform.

    “Why doesn’t Tapper spend some time on..” insert any liberal cause in blank space and publish.

    Because Jake Tapper is a Conservative, and he’s somewhere to the right of David Frum.