Limbaugh Uses Kid to Debunk Climate Crisis. Seriously.

This is painful. Limbaugh takes a call from a kid who thinks global warming isn’t real because he found some evidence against it.

Yep. A 13-year-old kid versus volumes of scientific consensus.

RUSH: You mean…? Hold it just second. Alex, you’re at the health food store, and it’s cold out there. It’s March. You’re there in March, it’s cold, and two people in there are surprised that it’s cold because it’s global warming outside?

CALLER: Exactly.

RUSH: And they still concluded, “Well, we’re still in global warming”?

CALLER: Yes.

RUSH: But they were shocked. This is hilarious. You know, Alex, there are none so blind as those who will not see, and that’s what you’re running up against. Where did you find this evidence? How hard was it for you to research?

CALLER: It wasn’t that hard to learn it. There is pretty much a lot of evidence that you can find. I personally just went to the local library and looked up books. That’s what I did.

RUSH: You went to the library?

CALLER: Yeah.

RUSH: You didn’t use a computer?

CALLER: No, I didn’t. Well, yeah, my mom got me one article from the computer. Yeah.

RUSH: Wow. I’m surprised you find evidence of this at the library. That’s heartening. Why did you want to do this? What made you doubt the people who believe that there’s global warming?

CALLER: Well, over the radio we listen to different things. I’ve heard lots of evidence that man-made global warming is a hoax. And since I’m doing speeches, I thought it was a very interesting topic. I want to learn more about this. I guess I just always doubted that. There’s so much evidence that global warming is not man-made.

Your conservative movement, folks.

This entry was posted in Environment, Rush Limbaugh. Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    Two thirteen year old minds in sympatico. No surprise there.

  • Nefercat

    I am a scientist. I have a graduate degree from a well-respected public university known for its focus on STEM fields. This kind of article is just disheartening and makes me feel we’re doomed. The stunning ignorance and any lack of scientific rigor or even any idea of what constitutes scientific literacy (I know what I believe and I found stuff that backs me up) just makes me want to give up. And they are proud of themselves! Proud of their illiterate ignorance!

    Also, anyone who thinks current local weather conditions can be used as an indicator of climate change, has demonstrated that they are absolutely unqualified to say anything whatsoever about climate change.

    I think I better go find a kitten video. In fact, I better go all out and find one that includes puppies and a laughing infant. And maybe little waddling ducklings.

    • muselet

      *climbs onto soapbox #2*

      This is why I go on occasional rants about the value of science education. If more people knew just a little bit about science—it wouldn’t take very much—we’d have far fewer idiotic political arguments about climate change, not to mention contraception. Instead, we get James Inhofe in the Senate and an angry fat man yammering on the radio with a thirteen-year-old who wouldn’t recognize evidence if it stole his breakfast. This is why a basic science curriculum should not be an elective in K-12 schools!

      *climbs off soapbox #2*

      I’m with you, it’s enough to make one despair. Three words: baby sloth videos. Somehow they always make things better.

      –alopecia

  • Lady Willpower

    “Never mind the vanishing ice shelf. Never mind the record high temperatures last summer. Never mind the rising water levels. It’s cold outside RIGHT NOW, ergo Global Warming is a hoax. So sayeth some goofy 13-year old kid with a library card.”

  • JimmyAbra

    Obviously a “globe” is just some sphere where only local surroundings are represented!

    As has been shown time and time again, fat boys method of thought has always been in line with childishness. People like him are immature in every way.

  • D_C_Wilson

    At 13, the kid’s already mastered the art of “cold day = global warming is a hoax.” I see a bright future for him in the conservative entertainment industry. All he has to do now is finish high school, take 1 semester of college, and flunk out. Then he’ll be ready to make millions sneering at people who actually got an education and learned critical thinking skills.

  • Nefercat

    And another thing! Where do they get this asinine “it’s not man-made so there’s no point in doing anything about it” line of “thinking”?

    That makes as much sense as well, we can’t do anything about the yearly cold weather months since they’re not man-made, so there’s no point in trying to do anything to ameliorate the effects of the cold weather, like, oh, I don’t know, invent coats!

    I believe climate change is real, and in large part, caused by man. But even if it were a perfectly natural occurrence, do we stand around with our thumbs up our butts (conservatives, yes, apparently)? Or do we research crops suitable for an area with a slowly changing climate, planning and zoning for gradual environmentally sound movement out of newly forming flood plains and on and on and on? I mean, there is a lot of money to be made by creative people with Ideas to make this work for the best.

    I would have thought the so-called capitalist corporatist free-market worshippers would be all over the profit possibilities.

  • MCWAY

    Your article’s title is a misnomer. Rush Limbaugh didn’t use a kid to debunk climate crisis. He simply talked to a kid, who found out that this crap is just that…CRAP on his own. And, he found it at a local library. In other words, he actually did this thing you libs supposedly champion: RESEARCH.

    But, simply because he didn’t come to the same conclusion as the tree-hugging left, he’s being blasted for it. Rush was impressed and gave him an iPad. Maybe libs are FRIGHTENTED that, should people actually do what this kid did, they’ll reach the same conclusions. And, there goes the political agenda with climate change. There goes the juice boxes, disguised as cars. There goes the funding for this foolishness.

  • MCWAY

    BTW, when the poster boy for climate change sells his flop of a progressive TV network to EEEEEEEVVVVIIILLL oil-run Al Jazeera (and even tried to beat Obama’s tax hikes to pocket as much money as possible, after extolling the virtues of tax hikes on the rich….so much for “sharing the wealth”), the global warming flap gets further exposed for the utter garbage that it is.