McConnell’s Office Wasn’t Bugged

It looks like it was a couple of guys from a progressive PAC who recorded the conversation from the other side of a closed door.

Morrison and Reilly did not attend the open house, but they told Conway they arrived later and were able to hear the meeting from the hallway.

“They were in the hallway after the, I guess after the celebration and hoopla ended, apparently these people broke for lunch and had a strategy meeting, which is, in every campaign I’ve been affiliated with, makes perfect sense,” says Conway. “One of them held the elevator, the other one did the recording and they left. That was what they told to me from them directly.”

So no wiretapping or bugging. Just a couple of guys with a smartphone.

And McConnell had the FBI investigating this like it was Watergate? Yeah, he’s mentally stable.

(h/t Thomas Soldan)
This entry was posted in Republican Party and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    Well, if he didn’t have that gigantic resonance chamber between his ears, they never would’ve heard him outside those closed doors in the first place. So suck it, McConnell.

  • barkermr

    Well now the FBI is investigating him to find out if he uses champaign money to pay his aids for their investigation work. It is evidently against the law if he paid them with champagne miner, they can do it on their own time but after work hours on their own time without pay,

    • http://www.facebook.com/people/Wendy-Wilkins-Valdez/1221788007 Wendy Wilkins Valdez

      Champagne miner? I’m assuming you mean campaign money? It IS against the law to have them do campaign work while on the federal clock. Not sure if they were campaign workers on their own time, which would be legal. The problem is when they did the work. If they were on the clock as federal employees, it was illegal (that’s part of what took Fumo down in PA). If they were on their own time, then he broke the law. I’m hoping for the latter – he can be Fumo’s cellmate.