Photo of the Day

President Barack Obama greets Jack Hoffman, 7, of Atkinson, Neb., in the Oval Office, April 29, 2013. Hoffman, who is battling pediatric brain cancer, gained national attention after he ran for a 69-yard touchdown during a Nebraska Cornhuskers spring football game. Hoffman holds a football that the President signed for him. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

President Barack Obama greets Jack Hoffman, 7, of Atkinson, Neb., in the Oval Office, April 29, 2013. Hoffman, who is battling pediatric brain cancer, gained national attention after he ran for a 69-yard touchdown during a Nebraska Cornhuskers spring football game. Hoffman holds a football that the President signed for him. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

In case you haven’t seen it, here’s Jack’s touchdown.

This entry was posted in Photography, President Obama and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    That was a gracious thing for the Nebraska football team to have done. Kudos to them.

    And—as others have said—I can’t remember any president in my lifetime as comfortable with kids as Barack Obama.

    –alopecia

  • drsquid

    I don’t much like Nebraska football, but that’s a really cute scene. Well, both scenes.

    He also takes direction well, and has good football running technique by 7-y.o. standards. No matter what, the university is going to keep an eye on him.

    • i_a_c

      Oh, you don’t? What’s your team?

  • Ipecac

    I’ll take these two acts of kindness, decency and basic humanity over any of the so-called Christian charity practiced by the Right who are currently exulting in the sequester gutting programs like the cancer research that might save people like this child.

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Kevin-Krupski/100002308768984 Kevin Krupski

    This is why sometimes I love being and living in Nebraska and that team too.Love this story and hope that it just get better.