The Bubble Genius Bob & Chez Show 3/28/13

bcs_red_equal

Same-Sex Marriage, DOMA and the Supreme Court; The Most Homophobic Quotes of the Week; ‘Shame on Us’ for Forgetting Sandy Hook; New Information About Adam Lanza’s Arsenal; Rand Paul’s Next Filibuster; Star Trek TNG vs Star Trek TOS; Greenwald is Anti-Gun Control; Josh Marshall is Apparently a Drone Apologist; Zero Dark Thirty Isn’t Pro-Torture; and much more. Brought to you by Bubble Genius and the BobCesca.com Amazon Link.

There’s more political talk in this week’s After Party — Friday at Noon eastern time. If you’re not a member, subscribe already. Only $6/month, cancel any time.

Download the mp3 (55 minutes, 23mb)
RSS Feed

Bubble Genius

This entry was posted in Bob and Chez Show, Radio Show. Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    A Calvinist? Criminy, there are still Calvinists? *quickly checks Wikipedia* Huh, would you look at that. Learn something new every day.

    “It’s like having a dinosaur come back.” Except these dinosaurs never went away.

    For conservative Christians and Righties in general, refusing to accept their arguments at face value is discrimination and pointing and laughing is Jim Crow times a thousand. Which would just be pathetic if they weren’t so damned happy to feel oppressed.

    Getting evil gummint out of marriage (and leaving it in the hands of the churches) makes no sense. Does that mean doing away with all the tax and legal advantages married couples have access to simply because they’re married? No, of course not, because in the very next breath the people making this argument insist that married couples—simply because they’re married—benefit society and therefore must be rewarded. You can’t have it both ways, children.

    As some anonymous editor (presumably) subheaded Jim Washburn’s column on gay marriage ‘way back in 2004, “So just shut up and buy Adam and Steve a nice present already”.

    Most people don’t respond to facts or logic; they respond to emotional stimuli. Gun control in the abstract doesn’t engage the average person on a “gut” level. There’s no small irony in the fact that Righties whine about libruls exploiting tragedies to pass laws while they exploit everything that doesn’t go exactly their way to pass laws they want.

    Oh, Chez, Chez, Chez. *shakes head slowly* “Terrible stories”? After season 1, yes, but before NBC decided to meddle the show had scripts by big-name science fiction authors, you should pardon the oxymoron. (Bad acting, cheapo sets and monsters made of papier mâché, spray paint and 5¢ worth of foam rubber, I’ll give you.)

    Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and Mike Lee are going to fillibuster gun control legistation because … why? Because freedom isn’t free? Because guns are more important than people’s lives? I’d second whoever it was who suggested members of congress be required to see the autopsy photos of the victims of the Sandy Hook massacre before voting on gun control legislation, but I’m afraid some of them would enjoy the experience.

    Film critics are (usually) entitled to speculate about the intent of filmmakers because they have spent a good deal of time considering film and filmmakers. Reviewers, not so much. Political writers, not at all.

    You guys make me very glad I pay no attention to Glenn Greenwald’s opinions.

      I’m a Calvin and Hobbesist. Does that count?

      • muselet

        Works for me.

          Looks like someone could use some Bubble Genius products. :)

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Deep Space Nine is the best.

  • mrbrink

    Kudos to that particularly outstanding Bubble Genius spot. Nice job. Professionally mint and clean, like a humanity friendly scoop of charming minty-berry ice cream on a mostly sunny day. I say mostly sunny because Bubble Genius knows there are always clouds to wash away. Oh yeah. You could take over the world with an ad like that. I would totally let it happen, too.