The Bubble Genius Bob & Chez Show 4/3/13

bcs_antidrone_hoodie

Special Wednesday Show; Bill O’Reilly Finally Accepts Secular Laws Over Private Beliefs; Punishing Anti-Government Red States; Ken Cuccinelli’s War on Sodomy; Louie Gohmert Compares Gun Control to Bestiality; Florida Republican Charged with Kiddie Porn; The Anti-Drone Hoodie; Sam Harris Versus Glenn Greenwald; Islamophobia and Bigotry; and much more. Brought to you by Bubble Genius and the BobCesca.com Amazon Link.

There’s more political talk in this week’s After Party — Friday at Noon eastern time. If you’re not a member, subscribe already. Only $6/month, cancel any time.

Download the mp3 (54 minutes, 23mb)
RSS Feed

Bubble Genius

This entry was posted in Bob and Chez Show, Radio Show. Bookmark the permalink.

    Yay! You used Glenn Greenwald’s favorite new attire as your photo!!!!

      It’s a tinfoil hat!

      (By the way, I fixed your banner which disappeared for some reason.)

        Yes, I noticed that too. I thought it was my computer.

        Pretty Please, Please, Please with Sugar on Top, send one of those hoodies to Greenwald! What I wouldn’t give to be a little birdie when he opens THAT package.

  • muselet

    Wednesday? And a complete change to the show’s open? “Hey, wait now. You’re talking crazy talk trying to confuse me now, aren’t you?”

    I doubt Bill O’Reilly is serious about marriage equality. Chez is right, he’s positioning himself as the voice of conservative reason. Alternatively, he’s challenging the Right to come up with non-religious reasons to discriminate, which now I think about it makes more sense. Either way, it’s cynicism pure.

    Chez, Righties always think they’re terribly clever, especially when they’re trying to subvert the constitution they so loudly claim to revere.

    North Carolina’s going to get slapped down hard in the courts and it’s not going to be pretty. Fun, oh hell yes; pretty, no.

    I’ve had the same thought about red states. Unfortunately, the ones who’d be hurt are the innocents, and the crazies would enjoy the wanton destruction they’d suddenly be able to cause.

    Ken Cuccinelli is trying to cast himself as The Brave Defender Of Children’s Virtue in his run for governor, which is why he’s asking for an en banc review. Given how thoroughly the three-judge panel demolished the anti-sodomy law in the specific case in question, it’s probably not going to happen unless the judges just want to rub salt in his wounds.

    Bob, thank you for bleeping Chez’s speculation on the Gohmerts’ sex life. I owe you.

    Louie Gohmert probably walked away from that conversation, assuming it actually happened, thinking he’d made a perfect, unanswerable argument; those “wonderful, caring Democrats” he was talking to, again making that same assumption, must have been laughing fit to bust a gut. It’s distressing to think this guy is a member of Congress and not merely a Care in the Community case.

    The concept of consent has no meaning to Righties. None. It’s why they jump so quickly from gays to bestiality: as far as they’re concerned, if sex isn’t what George Carlin called “good old-fashioned American man-on-top-get-it-over-with-quick” it’s unnatural and therefore it’s all equally immoral.

    I love the image of the anti-drone hoodie, with the dweeb staring resolutely into the middle distance while others walk past (presumably all telling themselves, “Don’t look at the crazy person. Don’t engage. Just keep walking.”).

    All fundamentalist religions are dangerous, at least potentially. That wouldn’t be as much of a problem if they didn’t try to outdo each other’s insanity.

    Serious question: why does anyone take what Glenn Greenwald writes seriously?

    –alopecia

    • Scopedog

      “All fundamentalist religions are dangerous…” Agreed. I do not believe that religion is dangerous per se–I say this as someone who believes in God and also believes in science–but fundamentalists are the worst bunch, because they twist words and are, to put it mildly, insane. It’s too bad that because of them anyone who’s religious is tarred with the same broad brush. That’s just my 2-cents anyway.

      “Serious question: why does anyone take what Glenn Greenwald writes seriously?”
      That’s a good question. If anyone has an answer….I’d love to hear it. I cannot stand his absolutist attitude.

    Love the segue from sodomy to our ad. Not quite as good as the Holocaust segue, but close.

  • chris from Canada

    The fact that the whole Gohmert discussion even has to take place has me shaking my head.
    Why am I getting the feeling that the first half of “Blazing Saddles” was actually documentary?