The Right’s Insatiable Need for Torture Porn

Eric Bolling of Fox News’ The Five has a fever, and the only cure is more torture porn.

Bolling: The question remains now — why? Because he wanted to kill Americans obviously. How? Did the younger Dzhokhar come over here, get radicalized, and then become an American citizen on the very day Benghazi was going down, he became an American citizen, so he could hide behind the criminal justice system? I say probably, likely, therefor you have a case that could be may to try him in a military tribunal.

Geraldo: He came here at age 8, Eric.

Bolling: They wont though. They’re going to try him in the criminal justice system, and that’s fine, but boy they better take their time, and boy they better really interrogate this guy, and boy would it make me happy if they went ahead and waterboarded this SOB.

Geraldo: Eric do you really want to waterboard him? Do you really want to torture him?

Bolling: Yeah, uh huh. Totally. Yeah, go ahead. Go ahead. Send him to Gitmo first and let him hang out with, you know, his fellow Islamic terrorists and, you know, think about what he did for a while. Throw him on the board and splash some water on him.

Oh boy, oh boy — I hope they torture him. All Eric Bolling wants for Christmas is more torture. He needs that torture like a rejuvenating tonic. The same way David Vitter needs diapers to do his thing. Oh boy, oh boy. Also Benghazi. This definitely has something to do with Benghazi.

This kind of boisterously-expressed sadism should be consider enough to be shunned from society or at least kicked off the air, but unfortunately it’s treated as just another political opinion or another point of view that deserves to be considered. Because the message that “torture works” was embedded into our discourse and normalized by the previous administration.

Bolling clearly isn’t alone in his torture fetish as this deep desire for it was also recently expressed by various conservative celebrities and state representatives on social media, but none have been quite as expressive as he was as he wagged his tail for torture like a dog begging for a milk bone and said “boy it would make me happy.”

According to the most recent reports, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is being cooperative and speaking to federal authorities without the threat of torture.

This entry was posted in Torture, Wingnuts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Christopher Foxx

    What happens if someday these crazy bastards become the ruling party?

    Did you miss 2000-2008?

      No…good point.

  • http://twitter.com/RemoteClancy Remote Clancy

    I understand why those who are victims of especially heinous crimes (or, the family of victims) have these sorts of vengeance fantasies, but I never really got why someone not directly impacted indulge in them. In either case, this is exactly why I appreciate a functioning criminal justice system that provides accused criminals with a fair trial and a just punishment. Allowing the Bollings of the world to have their way is little different than a lynch mob (which was rarely about exacting justice and usually a form of terrorism in and of itself–torture isn’t much different).

    • nathkatun7

      “Allowing the Bollings of the world to have their way is little different than a lynch mob (which was rarely about exacting justice and usually a form of terrorism in and of itself–torture isn’t much different)”

      I am sorry, but you are being too generous when you call lynching ” a form of terrorism.” Lynching was PURE terrorism. Lynching was never about “exacting justice.” Lynching was about maintaining white supremacy. To witness someone hung and burned alive, all in the name of maintaining white supremacy, was, in my judgement, one of the most horrific examples of terrorism. This is the terrorism that most Americans chose to sweep under the rug! Just as they sweep under the rug all the white supremacist bombings of black homes and black churches during the Civil Rights struggles of the 1950s and 1960s.

  • muselet

    Eric Bolling and his ilk seem to believe that talking approvingly about torture makes them seem big and tough and manly. It doesn’t.

    My money says Bolling was a fat kid who got picked on all through elementary school and became a bully in an attempt to make it stop.

    –alopecia

  • formerlywhatithink

    Apparently, Bolling thinks one of the most important reasons to torture a 19 year old is to make him happy. Fricking moron.

    • Christopher Foxx

      No, fricking sadist.

  • D_C_Wilson

    then become an American citizen on the very day Benghazi was going down, he became an American citizen, so he could hide behind the criminal justice system?

    Apparently, Eric doesn’t realize that non-citizens are also tried in our criminal justice system.

    Remember, Bolling is the guy who was sobbing on TV because some of his precious money got singed on 9/11. He clearly values things over human beings.

  • D_C_Wilson

    According to the most recent reports, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is being
    cooperative and speaking to federal authorities without the threat of
    torture.

    Bolling doesn’t care if we actually get useful information from Tsarnaev. He’s been suffering from torture porn withdrawal ever since 24 was canceled. He needs some fresh spanking material.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    You know you’re a dangerous and deranged lunatic when you make Geraldo Rivera look like a calm voice of reason and sanity. Eric Bolling is in need of some horse tranquilizers.

    • Clecinosu

      Maybe he’ll O.D. — fingers crossed.