13 Benghazis That Occurred on Bush’s Watch Without a Peep from Fox News

My Wednesday column:

The Republican inquisition over the attacks against Americans in Benghazi has never really gone away, but it appears as though in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombing and the House Oversight Committee’s Benghazi hearings this week there’s renewed psycho-histrionics over Benghazi.

Lindsey Graham and Fox News Channel in particular are each crapping their cages over new allegations from an alleged whistleblower, while they continue to deal in previously debunked falsehoods about the sequence of events during and following the attacks. Fox News is predictably helming the biggest raft of hooey on the situation — turning its attention to Hillary Clinton in an abundantly obvious early move to stymie her presidential run before it even begins.

So I thought I’d revisit some territory I covered back in October as a bit of a refresher — especially since it appears as if no one, including and especially the traditional press, intends to ask any of these obnoxious, opportunistic liars about why they’re so obsessed by this one attack yet they entirely ignored the dozen-plus consulate/embassy attacks that occurred when George W. Bush and Dick Cheney were allegedly “keeping us safe.” [continue reading here]

This entry was posted in The Daily Banter and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/Slumbrella Slumbrella

    Bob, I think waiting for any one of the broadcasters you listed above to confront a Republican idealogue about previous attacks on US embassies, will be long indeed. Why wait for one of these intimidated little media darlings to step up and confront the Benghazi clown parade, when you, sir, can shout it from the mountaintop? I know you’ve appeared on television before; revealing the hypocrisy about other outrageous occurrences, and given the overwhelming evidence of the media bias on this story, you simply need to reach a bigger audience. Your excellent blog has informed and devoted readers, but we’re not the one’s that need convincing. Get on the phone to some of these media outfits and demand equal time…Lindsey Graham would wet himself if someone with your command of the information and passionate motivation stood up to him. Big-talk Republicans have been getting away with this crap for too long. Get out there, Bob – make it stop.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    This is why we’re f***ed.

  • rob black

    If Jon Stewart or Colbert hit this a couple of times…it would be hard for Greggers at “Meet the McCain” to not at least bring it up in passing with the Southern Belle (Lindsey Graham)….
    It is very telling / odd? that such an obvious counter is not even used by administration spokesman when they are given the opportunity….or what about the dem representatives present at the various kangaroo hearings on the matter? This was out there within a month of actual event…and I have never seen it mentioned on any major media program…ever.

    What about Maddow? Has she even covered it?…or Maher?
    Hillary didn’t even bring it up when she was being congressionally harassed….
    It should be the automatic retort every time Graham or Issa..or any of them.. opens their stupid Benghazzigate!! pie holes…but it isn’t. Just plain weird…

    • Christopher Foxx

      The repeated failure of Democrats to call the Republicans on this, as on so many other things, is why I don’t see them as much better than Republicans.

      They are not doing all they can. They’re barely trying.

    • blackdaug

      Ask and ye shall receive. Stewart mentions this the very next night….but reverses the numbers. He says 65 attacks with 13 deaths..when it is 13 attacks with 65 deaths.

      What has been interesting is watching the commenters twist themselves into pretzels when confronted with this hideous hypocrisy. They have now shifted to full Beck mode, pulling outright lies out of their asses .ex…: “The President knew about the attack but did nothing”. or “The President could have sent troops but did not”…All old chestnuts that have been debunked at the various hearings, but which they will breath new life in to at a moments notice.

      This is beginning to look a lot like Whitewater….and they managed to beat that dead horse into a massive black hole of useless investigative wasted tax dollars.

      I think it is time for the Justice Dept. to start revisiting various perjury indictments against the army of Shrub underlings who lied their way through hearing after hearing from 2001-2008: Up to and including Darth Cheney. After his most recent outbursts….he needs to come to the realization that spending his remaining years as one of the “un-dead” could be a lot less fun in a 4×8 foot cell.

      • Christopher Foxx

        .All old chestnuts that have been debunked at the various hearings

        Which is why, at any new hearings. the only answer anyone should give is “That question has already been answered months ago. I refer you to the answers given in the previous hearings.” To every question they ask.

  • muselet

    At this point, the Benghazi! Benghazi!! Benghazi!!! circus is all about riling up the Republican base and roughing up Hillary Clinton.

    As Ed Kilgore said today:

    Recent polls have shown Clinton trouncing various Republicans in 2016 trial heats. Worse yet, they’ve shown her winning double-digit Republican support against all comers, and gaining positive job approval ratings from nearly a quarter of Republicans. That has to change, Republican pols believe, and even if most Democrats and independents have tuned out the Benghazi! show, they have the power to take down HRC a few pegs among their own rank-and-file, and then claim she’s “losing support” nationally.

    They couldn’t be more cynical if they tried (harder).

      Republican strategy: Let’s not figure out how we can become popular with the electorate. Let’s not look for better candidates to put forth. Let’s instead use lies to bring down the popular, worthy candidate the other party has.

      This is their core. This is how they believe, in their hearts, that the world should be run.

      • muselet

        Indeed.

        –alopecia