“Approved by the Elites”

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas opened his mouth again and it went about as well as you would expect.

“I always knew that it would have to be a black president who was approved by the elites and the media,” Thomas said last month at Duquesne Law School in remarks posted to YouTube Friday.

“Any black person who says something that is not the prescribed things that they expect from a black person will be picked apart,” the justice said. “Pick anyone who’s decided not to go along with it — there’s a price to pay. So I always assumed it would be somebody that the media had to agree with.”

Presumably Thomas believes an ideal black president would be someone who fits the mold of Herman Cain or Clayton Bigsby. President Obama obviously doesn’t fall into that category and thus, according to Thomas, the first black president is the disappointment he always knew it would be.

Is there a more smug person on the face of the planet? He’s like Terence Mann as played by James Earl Jones, except in Thomas’s case he never agrees to go to the baseball game.

SmugThomas

This entry was posted in President Obama, Wingnuts and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Username1016

    Wow, I can’t even parse this. Does he think Obama is “approved by the elites,” hence NOT “picked apart”? Helloooooooo out there — I have never ever EVER seen the amount of picking apart that Obama has endured — not even with Clinton! Or does he think Herman Caine or whoever WOULD be “approved by the elites”? Um, define “elite.” Elite wingnuts?

    I have no freakin’ idea what this guy is talking about.

    • muselet

      I have no freakin’ idea what this guy is talking about.

      Neither does he, I’m afraid.

      “Elites” is one of those words that the right has successfully redefined. You’d think it would people like the Kochs, but now it means “anyone with an education.”

      • nathkatun7

        Indeed! In Thomas’ mind billionaires like the Koch brothers, Adelson, Donald Trump, and multi millionaires like Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, Sean Hannity are not “Elites”; and neither are right wing justices on the Supreme Court like his godfather, Antonin Scalia. Poor Justice Thomas! He doesn’t realize that he himself — being one of nine people with a life time job who wield immense power over the lives of all Americans — belongs to the “Elite” class. As far as he is concerned the only “Elites” are people like Anita Hill, who worked under him, but who had the nerve to expose his sexual harassment and indiscretions.

    • Lady Willpower

      It’s another version of the “he wasn’t vetted” meme.

  • muselet

    Goodness, what a sad, bitter, resentful man Clarence Thomas is.

    –alopecia

  • http://joevillanova.blogspot.com/ Joe Villanova

    people
    like Thomas will never understand that the racists he surrounds himself
    with WILL NEVER accept him no matter the vile and despicable actions he
    does for them.

  • i_a_c

    Obama Derangement finds its way to the Supreme Court. No doubt Scalia has some choice words, as well.

  • D_C_Wilson

    History will remember Obama as the first black president of America.

    Clarence Thomas will be remembered for pubic hair on a Coke can.

  • Lady Willpower

    Bite your tongue, Ashby. Terrence Mann was totally cool, once he went to Fenway and heard the voices.
    Clarence Thomas was never cool and never will be.

    • JMAshby

      .

      Terrence Mann was totally cool, once he went to Fenway

      Yeah, hence…

      except in Thomas’s case he never agrees to go to the baseball game.

      • Lady Willpower

        Oops, my mistake.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    I cannot possibly imagine what goes on inside Clarence Thomas’ mind. It cannot possibly be a pleasant place.

      Do you remember the old Pussycat Theaters? It’s like that–full of porn and perverts.

    What the fuck did he say? I took Greek in college…it was easier to understand than what this horse’s ass is trying to say.

  • nathkatun7

    Clarence Thomas must harbor a deep resentment against Black people. I don’t think he has ever gotten over the fact that Anita Hill (and who knows if there are other Black women who treated him like that) rebuffed his sexual advances. You would think that now that he is 65 years old, with a life time position as a Justice on the U.S. Supreme Court, he would have gotten over the rejections.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      I’ve come to the conclusion that Clarence Thomas posesses a tiny penis.

  • Ann Stauner

    So, he’s saying that 93-95 percent of black voters cannot be right. That doesn’t sound like an ‘elite’ to me. Sounds like wide support among his own community. Something Clarence Thomas can only dream of. We hold elections to determine who sits in the Oval Office. In theory, at least, anyone can vote. Elite or not. Of course, the Court is in the process of trying to change that.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    I wonder how Republicans, GOP fans and their various enablers think their sneering resentment and grotesque self-regard sounds to the rest of us.

    So wait, Obama’s a friend of the elites? I thought he was a friend to the poors. MAKE UP YOUR ALLEGED MINDS, WINGNITS. (typo. it stays.)

  • http://twitter.com/axomamma Axomamma

    If I understand Thomas’s reasoning correctly, he was appointed to the Supreme Court as a token who speaks and thinks in a manner approved by elites and the media?