Armed March on Washington Canceled

Why? Because the organizer has decided that marching into Washington while packing firearms might not be a good idea — especially when you can go bigger and try to secede from the United States.

Thousands of people signed up to attend an armed march on Washington over the course of the last month. But now, the leader of the march is setting his sights much higher than a single demonstration — he wants his armed followers to help overthrow the American government.

About a month ago, a gun activist named Adam Kokesh called for thousands of people to join him in an armed march on Washington, D.C. to “put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny.” As of this writing, nearly 5,200 people have RSVPed for Kokesh’s armed march.

Late last week, however, Kokesh decided to abandon this march in favor of a much larger effort to bring down the entire federal government. In a statement written from a jail cell in Philadelphia (Kokesh faced charges for allegedly resisting arrest during a pro-marijuana rally. He now says he’s been released), the gun activist called for his supporters to form a secessionist “army.”

Good luck with that. His army of 5,200 yokels will totally obliterate, you know, the most powerful military in the history of the world.

This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • GrafZeppelin127

    Damn. I was really hoping they’d go through with it.

    I had a fascinating conversation with a gun fetishist over at HuffPo last week, in which I talked about how gun owners mythologize themselves, their guns and American history, and imagine themselves as mythic heroes. In taking exception to this characterization, the person managed to prove my point at every turn; he did far more to confirm that he and other gun owners are engaged in private myth-making than to challenge it.

    Read the thread here.

  • trgahan

    Bob, you’re forgetting Gun-Nut self-delusion #12564 that explicitly states:

    “Once “real Americans” rise in armed rebellion the military will have to courage to do what it clearly wants to do and come over to their side to battle the unwashed, uncivilized “other” and defeat the Government that trying to destroy “Real America”!”

    Also, I call BS on the 5,200 number. Back peddling on an organized protest march to undertake some nebulous far flung goal is a giveaway that Kokesh does not have a third of that number supporting him. These days it is much too easy to create fake internet accounts and doctor the numbers.

    • D_C_Wilson

      It was probably about 52 and they were going to lose a fight with the Washington Metro PD.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    As Dirty Harry once said… “Go ahead. Make my day!”

  • D_C_Wilson

    I’m willing to meet Kokesh and the rest of the teabagger loons partway. Let’s give them Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi if they promise to leave us sane Americans along.

  • LeShan Jones

    Written from a jail cell, how fitting.

    These people have these ridiculous fantasies about becoming revolutionary war hero’s because they really think the military still fights wars with Napoleonic tactics.

    Artillery alone would probably cause them to piss themselves, not to mention armor or air power.

  • Jake Morrow

    hey Bob just wanted to say I think your a big fricken D BAG!!!! How’s it feel to be a life sized vagina?

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Congratulations.You’ve contributed the best way you could possibly hope to.

    • LeShan Jones

      Is that it, or do you have something real to contribute to this conversation?