The Virginia Republican Party has managed to nominate someone for the position of Lieutenant Governor that makes Ken Cuccinelli seem reasonable in comparison.
- Referred to gays and lesbians as “perverted,” “degenerate,” “spiritually darkened” and “frankly very sick people psychologically, mentally and emotionally.”
- Said regarding homosexuality: “it poisons culture, it destroys families, it destroys societies; it brings the judgment of God unlike very few things that we can think of.”
- Argued that gays seek to “sexualize [children] at the earliest possible age” and use “totalitarian” tactics.
- Claimed gays are hurting black women: “I’ve heard a lot of young black ladies that a lot of young black men seem to be gay. I’ve heard them complain about it, they say ‘so many of these guys are homosexuals’ and they are frankly frustrated by it.”
- Demanded the reinstitution of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell : “The military has been decimated by this lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender policy that has now been implemented. It’s an abomination and it’s only going to weaken us militarily and they need to undo it,” warning that the policy’s repeal is a “disaster of historic proportions.”
- Contended that homosexuality is “killing black men by the thousands” and said of gay rights advocates: “what they’re promoting is killing people.”
- Called GLSEN founder and anti-bullying activist Kevin Jennings a “radical homosexual activist” who should have been “imprisoned” in a letter demanding he resign as head of the Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools.
- Said there is a “direct connection” between gays and pedophilia.
- Wondered how the Democratic Party “managed to hold on to black Christians in spite of an agenda worthy of the Antichrist.”
- Proclaimed that “the Democrat Party has shown itself to be anti-Christian, anti-Bible, anti-family, anti-life and anti-God… We’re calling people to come out of the Democrat Party and not support candidates who represent its values and the rebellion that it represents against God. That certainly would include President Barack Obama.”
- Claimed that Democratic Party supporters are “insulting their faith and blaspheming their God” by supporting a “coalition of the godless.”
- Warned that ministers who support Obama “are going to have to answer to God” if they encourage “their congregations to support this abomination.”
- Said Democrats believe “that the Bible is a lie and indeed they are saying that God is a liar.”
- Argued that “liberalism and their ideas have done more to kill black folks whom they claim so much to love than the Ku Klux Klan, lynching and slavery and Jim Crow ever did, now that’s a fact.”
- Maintained that Obama “seems to have a lot of sympathy for even radical Islam” and “clearly has Muslim sensibilities,” arguing that Obama “certainly does have a lot of affection and favor for Islam, that seems to be his priority…Christianity, I don’t really think about that with him, I really don’t, that’s a joke.”
- Compared Democratic leaders to “slave masters” who make sure that black people who disagree with them are “punished.”
- Insisted that Planned Parenthood “has been far more lethal to Black lives than the KKK ever was.”
- Predicted that African Americans will “overwhelmingly” vote against Obama as a result of his endorsement of marriage equality and a move of God to “stir the hearts of His people” and push them against the Democrats.
- Maintained that the President and First Lady are both Communist sympathizers who dislike America.
But that’s not all. He also apparently moonlights as a 3/5ths clause apologist. The three-fifths clause designated slaves as 3/5ths of a person. He also accused Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of being a fake Mormon during an interview with Glenn Beck.
If you’re a member of the Republican party in Virginia, I suppose the good news it that you can finally present Ken Cuccinelli as the moderate.