It Keeps Happening

Another child with a gun:

An 11-year-old boy has died after a 4-year-old accidentally shot him in a Lake City apartment, authorities said.

The child who was shot Sunday died Tuesday at Shands hospital at the University of Florida in Gainesville.

Lake City police were called to the Cedar Park Apartments on Sunday, where they found Jarvan Jackson injured inside one of the units.

This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    I’m glad you keep posting about these incidents because it makes a good point and keeps awareness alive for those of us who want sane gun laws.
    But I’m out of snark and now just pissed off at the gun lobby who ignore every fact in the world about the dangers of a piece of hardware manufactured with only one fucking purpose.

    • Brutlyhonest

      Iknowright? I mean, how many times can I type something like, “Too bad the good 11yo didn’t have a gun to defend hisself (sic) against the bad toddler with a gun?”

      And while the nra is a horrible organization, I’m more pissed at the librul media for not talking real numbers and keeping this ongoing travesty front & center. And I loved how last week they were falling all over themselves to talk about how much gun violence has fallen, but never talked actual numbers. How many 9-11 equivalents are killed each year through irresponsible gun usage?

  • Nefercat

    And all of the adults who keep leaving loaded guns where children can access them are the “responsible gun owners” we keep being told we have to bow down and worship, and make sure not to inconvenience in any way, right?

    Let’s start with million dollar liability policies and mandatory prison terms for reckless negligence resulting in death.

  • Ned F

    I’m afraid it’s always been happening, we’re just more tuned in at the moment, and the NRA is patiently waiting till we tune out. I don’t see anyone in congress posting these everyday tragedies. Are the owners of firearms ever prosecuted for negligence except in high profile cases? I don’t know.

  • kushiro -

    Sure, gun control nuts. Pass whatever bans you want, but you know these 4-year-olds will just get guns from the street instead.