Missouri Bill Nullifies Federal Law, Hands Out More Guns

From the Associated Press:

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — The Missouri Legislature sent the governor a bill Wednesday that would expand gun rights and declare all federal gun regulations unenforceable, in a response to President Barack Obama’s push for gun control legislation. [...]

The bill would also allow people with a firearms permit to openly carry weapons less than 16 inches in length even in localities that prohibit open-carry of firearms. [...]

The measure would also lower the minimum age required to obtain a concealed weapons permit from 21 to 19.

Telling businesses and public establishments that they can’t prohibit you from openly carrying on their property sounds like Big Government to me, but we gotta have our guns!

The good news is Democratic Governor Jay Nixon will probably veto the legislation since nullifying federal law is blatantly unconstitutional.

This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • trgahan

    I like how suddenly my rights as a private citizen to not have some dickbag walking around with a loaded gun on my property, concealed or not, are not important to the party of individual freedom from Big Government.

    Definitely what the framers of the Constitution intended….rule by the people (the armed people that is).

    • D_C_Wilson

      It’s all about who is swinging the biggest dick. Or in this case, the biggest penis substitute.

  • t_rasa

    I thought the South was really big into Civil War history… They do know how it turned out, right..?