More Ricin Letters Sent to President Obama, Mayor Bloomberg

From NBC 4 in New York.

A threatening letter was mailed to President Obama that is similar to two letters containing poisonous ricin sent to Mayor Bloomberg and his anti-gun group, officials confirmed Thursday.

The letter, first reported by NBC 4 New York, is being tested for ricin. It was received Wednesday at an off-site facility, and did not reach the White House, according to the Secret Service.

The letters, sent to Mayor Bloomberg, the Bloomberg-founded group Mayors Against Illegal Guns, and President Obama appear to have been sent by the same party.

According to NBC 4, each letter contains a warning that “what’s in this letter is nothing compared to what I’ve got planned for you.” A threat apparently stemming from their support for gun control legislation. All three letters were reportedly sent from Shreveport, Louisiana.

Whoever sent the letters doesn’t seem to realize that mail sent to the president and Mayor Bloomberg goes through a screening process, but given that the individuals responsible also believe the president is coming to snatch up their guns, the bar for intelligence is evidently fairly low.

The question is — is this a good guy with a gun and Ricin, or a bad guy with a gun and Ricin letters? If you were to remove the Ricin from the equation, I’m sure someone would suggest the former.

This entry was posted in Terrorism and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • trgahan

    My hope is that the conservative media-entertainment complex and congressional republicans will hold the President accountable if he doesn’t come right out and declare these acts Domestic Right Wing Terrorism in a similar manner they condemn Obama for not immediately calling Benghazi and the Boston Marathon acts of Islamic Terrorism.

    I mean, like Benghazi and Boston, if Obama doesn’t label the act quickly, he is clearly tacitly supporting these domestic right wing monsters who so hate the democratic process that they are willing engage in acts of terror against elected public officials and the general public to prevent the will of the people (+80 percent support) from being enacting. Right?

    • D_C_Wilson

      You’re being sarcastic, of course. If Obama uses the T-word in the same sentence as “right wing”, you’ll hear howls of outrage about how he’s labeling all conservatives as potential terrorists.

  • mrbrink

    I was listening to right wing radio earlier, am 560′s The Answer, and evidently they gave former Illinois Rep. Joe Walsh a job to talk into yonder can and spout crazy-people-freedom doctrine to the masses because right wing losers always win in right wing democracy, and he was going on and on defending the ricin-laced letters, not for the ricin, or the shooting in the face part, but because this is what happens when 2nd amendment heroes stand up against the tyranny of a well-regulated militia.

    He blamed “Nanny Bloomberg” and the President for bringing this on themselves.

    He is truly a 10 gallon bucket of shit in Dixie cup.