Not Surprisingly, Wayne LaPierre Thinks He’s At War

In addition to thousands of non-serving NRA members pretending to be in the military by owning assault rifles and camo drag, the NRA’s new motto is “Stand and Fight.”

The National Rifle Association is calling its members to arms for what they say is the next battle in a prolonged war to protect gun rights: the 2014 congressional elections.

“We are in the midst of a once-in-a-generation fight for everything we care about,” NRA chief executive and vice president Wayne LaPierre told the gun lobby’s membership on the second day of its annual convention. The motto this year is “Stand and Fight.”

Yeah, see video games about war are bad for us, according to LaPierre, but the NRA pretending to be at war is somehow perfectly acceptable.

Incidentally, LaPierre received a deferment from the Vietnam draft.

This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    “We are in the midst of a once-in-a-generation fight for everything we care about,”

    Which is apparently the worship of a tool of death.
    These people all think they are Washington at Bunker Hill, not realizing that the art of war has moved on since then.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Now be fair. They also worship the cash selling the tool of death brings in.

  • joseph2004

    There’s pretending there’s a war on women, war on the poor, war on minorities – all the Right-wing wars the Left has made up in its game of perpetual demonizing.
    Then there’s the apparent belief Mizzzter Cesca has that the Civil War is still going on.
    Who’s nuttier?

      Dont forget the republican’t war on reality, it’s their main war fought with their most overused tactic, projection. I’m sure you’re very familiar with that tactic.

    • trgahan

      I have seen plenty of “The South Shall Raise Again” swag, pictures of a confederate flag flying over the Capital Building and White House, etc. But I have yet to see anything saying “The North Will Win Again!,” “March Sherman, March!,” or “Union Pride!” etc.

      So please, keep talking about who still thinks the Civil War is still going on and who doesn’t.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Who’s nuttier? Why it’s whackadoodles like you, joey peanut-for-brains.

    • D_C_Wilson

      War on Christmas, war on Easter, war on Halloween, war on coal.

      Oh wait, those are all the fake wars that the right has made up.

      But then there’s the War in Iraq, ie, the disastrous mess that the right got us into that left thousands of American soldiers dead, millions of Iraqi civilians dead, cost us billions of dollars and all we got this lousy T-shirt.

      Oh wait, we didn’t even get a T-shirt, did we?

  • tommo

    The motto should be, “Sit in your Lay-Z Boy and whine”.

    Seriously, all remaining members of the NRA are small-weenied sick perverts.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Actually, based on the number of NRA members who said they favored increased background checks, it would seem a sizeable majority of NRA members don’t agree with the NRA leadership. So they’re not the small-weenied sick perverts who think they’re at war.

      They’re just the small-weenied cowards who won’t object when a group they belong to does something they don’t support.

  • SlapFat

    The NRA has become a group of extremists that laugh to themselves about how incendiary they can be. Actually, they’ve been this way for a while now. Strange, for a group that initially started out as bunch of scientists that met to talk about ballistics.

  • bphoon

    “We are in the midst of a once-in-a-generation fight for everything we
    care about,” NRA chief executive and vice president Wayne LaPierre told
    the gun lobby’s membership…

    Incidentally, LaPierre received a deferment from the Vietnam draft.

    I doubt LaPierre would know a war if it bit him in the ass.