Quote of the Morning

“Get married. Have a quiver full of kids if you can.” Mitt Romney in his commencement address to the graduating women of Southern Virginia University

Binders full of women doing what they’re supposed to do: having quivers full of kids.

This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    Now imagine if Legolas, Robin Hood, Catniss, or Hawkeye had a quiver full of kids!

    • http://twitter.com/MikeFromNowhere Mike From Nowhere

      The kid-launching arrow was always my least favorite of Hawkeye’s trick arrows.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Don’t forget Oliver Queen, aka the Green Arrow.

  • http://twitter.com/Auld_Mac Auld_mac

    shudder

  • BenAu

    Psalm 127:4-5 – “Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate”

    I can see why he said it. But it’s still a dumb way to phrase it.

    • http://www.facebook.com/Novak83 Ed Novak

      Especially given that the “Quiverfull” movement is an actual thing, almost entirely associated with low-income, low-education families. And a class of college graduates from Virginia would probably be aware of this.

  • trgahan

    Pretty much what any Mormon male billionaire who has never wanted for anything would believe….and why Utah has the worse female college graduation rate in the nation.
    Probably the one time Romney stayed on message…

  • Lady Willpower

    God, we really dodged a bullet with this one.