Quote of the Morning

“You don’t call for impeachment until you have evidence.” Reince Priebus

A momentary glimpse of reason from the otherwise radical chairman of the RNC.

This entry was posted in IRS Scandal and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    “,,,until you have evidence.”
    Until? How about unless? Two different things.

    I don’t think this is a glimpse of reason at all. He thinks there is reason to impeach the president. But not *until* they have the evidence, manufactured and helped along, if necessary.

  • muselet

    Larger quote from Reince Priebus:

    “We have to be persistent but patient,” he said. “I think where there’s smoke, there’s fire. If we present ourselves to the American people as intelligent, we’re going to be in a great place as far as showing that this administration is not transparent, is obsessed with power and hates dissent. But you don’t call for impeachment until you have evidence.”

    I know reason—we’re not best friends or anything, but we do hang out regularly—and that’s not it.

      Oh, that’s what you’d like everyone to believe.

      “Just friends,” I suppose? I think not.

      I see you and reason everywhere. On a bicycle built for two, sharing a plate of spaghetti, kneading clay pottery! You finish each other’s sentences! You both wear matching “I’m with Stupendous” t-shirts for crying out loud!

      Pardon me if I’m just a little skeptical of the true nature behind this ongoing affair you two are having.

      Play coy with those facty -facts!

      • muselet

        Dammit, Brink, you weren’t supposed to tell anyone!

        Now Logic and Empiricism are going to be jealous, and while I can usually buy Logic off with a box of choccies and some sweet talk, Empiricism won’t settle for less than dinner and a show.

        You broke the bro-code, you bastard.

    President Obama should hold a press conference to say:
    1. “I just don’t recall.”
    2. “I wasn’t in the loop.”

    That worked for the greatest president ever and his #2.

    • D_C_Wilson

      And then end it with, “Things would be a lot easier in a dictatorship. So long as I’m the dictator. Heh heh heh.”

  • D_C_Wilson

    What he really meant:

    “You don’t call for impeachment until you have manufactured evidence.”

  • i_am_allwrite

    Stating the obvious really shouldn’t be praise-worthy. The only that keeps Rube Penis Icer from being TOTALLY useless is that he’s got the greatest name for anagrams ever. Butter even than “Clinton Portis”.