Quote of the Morning

“What good is it to save the planet if humanity suffers?” Exxon-Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson

I don’t even know what to do with that.

Who needs a planet? We don’t. Especially if it means being inconvenienced.

This entry was posted in Energy, Environment, Quote and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JimmyAbra

    Big Oil’s version of “What good are your freedoms when you’re dead” thought after 9/11 when the Patriot Act, TSA oversearches, etc…

  • LeShan Jones

    That depends on what you’re refering to by suffering. Personally I’d place the planet and our small place on it well above your greedy nature and avarice.
    The guys first name is Rex, which means king. You want to bet he is a believer in the divine rights of kings.

  • Draxiar

    Drown this fucker in his oil.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Translation: “What good is it to save the planet if it costs me money?”

    • D_C_Wilson

      Ding!

  • Mike_Norris

    What the fuck???

  • trgahan

    Last September I sat a coal industry meeting where a professional propagandist…er strategy consultant.. made the same age old argument that environmentalism means returning to some make believe time of primitive savagery.

    He showed a picture of an Indian man in house at night leaning over a crude wood burning hearth cooking his dinner. He said access to cheap coal energy would raise this man from such a horrid existence. However, from the picture the house clearly had electric lighting, likely from a coal fired plant somewhere. The argument got a round of applause.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Fucking sociopath!

  • Clecinosu

    Damn right! What the hell do we need with breathable air and potable water?

    BTW: To any trolls posting today, “potable” means “safe to drink.” You’re welcome.

    • priscianusjr

      I got a potable radio.

  • mrbrink

    It would be funny if it wasn’t so psychotic.

    Whole cities are being swallowed right before our eyes due to the effects of severe climate change. The Arctic is opening up for passage. Unprecedented weather events due to the burning of fossil fuels are taking place. Exxon-Mobil has been funding the suppression of the science as well as the promotion of greener technologies into cleaner energy and conservation that would actually save humanity, or at least give us a goddamn fighting chance. Oil corporations for decades have exploited the civilization of the entire planet, using bribery, intimidation, fraud, and even war as an indirect means to protect their industry– passing on the hidden costs of poisoning the land, air, and water to this “civilization” in which Rex Tillerson so insincerely speaks to.

    But what makes Rex’s statement so criminally negligent is this insane notion bandied about by these smiling psychos that by suppressing cleaner technologies means oil is king, not to be dethroned, and that they are somehow the protectors and champions of civilization even as the oceans swallow up whole cities and send the general population back to the pile of rubble where their home and community used to be– The kind of civilization where people are literally drowning in Rex Tillerson’s “civilization.”

    • LeShan Jones

      You want to bet that in the dystopian future he’s trying to create, he expects that he and those like him will be kings lording over all us common folk.

      • mrbrink

        The Lords and Dukes of the Corporate Monarchy assure us that as long as we have a dollar to boycott with, we’ll never need a government, or our vote.