Senator Palin?

From the grain-of-salt category comes this news:

Sarah Palin would have a narrow edge in the GOP primary to challenge Sen. Mark Begich (D-Alaska) in 2014, according to a poll whose sponsors hope to draft her for the race.

Palin would take 32 percent of the primary vote, followed closely by Alaska Lt. Gov. Mead Treadwell at 30 percent, according to the Republican firm Harper Polling. Joe Miller, the Tea Party-backed Republican nominee in 2010, would take 24 percent.

The poll comes from the tea party group that wants her to run. So maybe this is horseshit. But horseshit has never stopped Palin from her next grifter scam.

This entry was posted in Election 2014, Sarah Palin. Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    Pile up enough warm, steamy horseshit and voila! Through the miracle of spontaneous generation out pops a Sarah Palin! The problem then becomes where does the horseshit end and Sarah begin? Or are there even any boundaries between the two?

    • Nefercat

      Yes. Horseshit can actually be useful.

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    This would require Palin to actually do work, so no, not gonna happen.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Senators actually have to do work? Since when?

  • muselet

    If Sarah Palin feels her profile isn’t as high as she likes, she’ll run long enough to get some exposure and campaign contributions, then drop out (complaining bitterly about those mean ol’ libruls and the lamestream media making fun of her, natch).

    She’s the female Newt Gingrich, only with thinner skin and fewer pretensions to greatness.

    –alopecia

    • Lady Willpower

      Newt Gingrich looks like a freakin’ Rhodes Scholar compared to her.

  • Nefercat

    She’s too lazy to construct and run an actual campaign as opposed to being plucked off of a snow bank and plopped onto a presidential ticket with no responsibilities other than to shop and shriek.

    No way after her fancy pageant-walking presidential campaign experience will she go out on a debate stage as just one of a bunch of equals. No way would she want to be just one of a hundred senators and a junior one at that. No, our little Griftress of the North is just a wee bit too narcissistic for that.

    What she will want to do is to steer any $$ contributed to a Palin Senate committee to her PAC instead. She will happily grift off of this idea as much as possible, but actually run? Won’t happen. Also too, she has a few too many skeletons jammed into her closet.

  • Ipecac

    Sarah Palin as a Senator would be the most shameful three years in Alaskan history.

    • JozefAL

      Had to upvote you because my first thought when I read “Senator Palin?” was that she’d last 3 years, then quit.

    The joke is on the tea party group that wants Palin to run. They don’t realize that being a senator requires some work (I concede it’s not like a real job, but it is more than Palin does now). The choice is be a real senator, take a reasonable position on real issues and get a little bit of money, or rant and rave like the lunatic she is on any range of idiocy and get a shitload of money for it. Palin proved once already how she decides when faced with those choices.

      To be fair, I don’t think being a senator precludes her from ranting and raving like a lunatic on any range of idiocy and potentially make money for it. Though i grant, it would be much easier in the House.

  • 1933john

    Not much work involved in a filibuster, plus she’s a pro at flapping her gums.

  • D_C_Wilson

    So, by their own poll, the teabagger group found that 68% of Alaskan republicans would rather be represented by someone else?

    Palin fever! Catch it now!

      That’s just Tea Partiers not buying into the whole “who is electable and who isn’t?” myth.

  • bphoon

    Maybe she can use the index cards the McCain campaign so thoughtfully provided her for debate prep–to the extent that she actually did/does any.

  • SlapFat

    Haha. As someone that’s done a few polls before I can tell you that this one sounds pretty primed. Not all of these kind of assessments are created equal as you can ask questions that encourage a certain type of response from the people you’re speaking to. Since the TEA Party was behind this one I imagine that’s precisely what transpired- heavily.