Steve King Loves Tim Tebow. Platonically.

This may be the most ridiculous thing ever uttered on the floor of Congress. If anyone can point to something more ridiculous, I’m all ears.

KING: I hear the president reducing or lowering American values by his comments that take place in the public and in the press. Think about the things he’s chosen to take sides on.

For example, when it was professor Gates and Officer Crowley, Mr Speaker, we know — first of all no president would engage in an incident like that — but he did and he drove a wedge down between issues of race.

When Arizona passed their immigration law, SB1070, the president had to do a profile of the type person that he alleged might be impacted negatively by that bill when the bill itself said specifically that couldn’t happen. Down the lines of race and ethnicity again.

Then we’ve got Tim Tebow who will kneel and pray to God on the football field. Meanwhile we have a professional athlete that decides he’s going to announce his sexuality and he gets a personal call from the United States to highlight the sexuality of a professional ballplayer. These are ways that the culture gets undermined, where it gets divided. The people over on this side take their followership from that kind of leadership. One notch at a time, American civilization, American culture, western civilization, western Judeo-Christiandom are eroded.

Representative Steve King (R-Batshit) would like to know why President Obama engaged in the infamous beer-summit to calm race relations, spoke out against Arizona’s “Papers Please’ anti-immigration law, and congratulated Jason Collins for coming out as openly-gay, but didn’t praise Tim Tebow for praying on the football field. And apparently his lack of praise for Tim Tebow is evidence of the decline of American values.

If that really is evidence of the decline of American values, I say bring on the decline. Bring on the decline of the culture of bigotry, intolerance, racism, and cruelty. No more Tim Tebows. No More Steve Kings.

Come to think of it — that time Michele Bachmman claimed women were stopping by Planned Parenthood to get an abortion between the grocery store and Starbucks provides stiff competition for this rant from Steve King as the most ridiculous thing ever uttered on the floor of Congress.

(H/T ThinkProgress)

This entry was posted in Congress, Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Steve King’s utterances always give me a headache; I swear my brain is trying to crawl out my left ear to escape the toxic levels of stupid in this one.

    Gack. I need a drink, and it’s not even 3:00.

    –alopecia

  • Lady Willpower

    Jason Collins FYI.

    • JMAshby

      Thanks for catching that. I think my brain is turning to mush from endless Benghazi IRS fake scandal outrage. In fact I have a headache right now this very minute which may or may not be related.

      • Lady Willpower

        IT’S THE BIGGEST SCANDAL EVAR!!!

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    Unless Tim Tebow wins every single game, his deity should be thrown out of the game on his all-powerful, omnipresent ass.

  • Nefercat

    “One notch at a time, American civilization, American culture, western civilization, western Judeo-Christiandom are eroded.”

    (rolls eyes, clears throat…) WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!
    Sniffle. Will no one think of the bigots?

  • trgahan

    From what has been coming out since the Jets released him….I think ol Tebow was thinking more about his next speaking engagement fee than God when he took a knee on the field….just sayin…

    • nathkatun7

      Congressman Steve King is not making it easy for Tim Tebow! Tebow may end playing on a team with African American receivers who don’t agree that the first African American President is destroying “American civilization, American culture, western civilization, western Judeo-Christiandom.” Guess what, they may not make the effort to catch all his erratic and poorly thrown passes.

  • zirgar

    Shorter King: White, Christian males deserve recognition just for being white, Christian males.

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Kevin-Krupski/100002308768984 Kevin Krupski

    Yes, because Tebow was the only football player in history who ever gave prayed in a stadium or thank him.

    • nathkatun7

      Yes Indeed! You see if you are black like the late Reggie Jackson or Ray Lewis praying and giving thanks to God whenever you win (which by the way i don’t buy) is not evidence of perpetuating “American civilization, American culture, western civilization, western Judeo-Christiandom.”

      • Victor_the_Crab

        Huh? When did Reggie Jackson die?

  • Treading_Water

    Thanks to Stephen Colbert, at every mention of Steve King, all I can think of is “Monstrous Glassy-Eyed Man Puppies”

    http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/colbert-skewers-steve-king-defense-dogfigh