That’s All Folks

LooneyBachmann

Artist – Joe Heller

Did you know McDonald’s doesn’t sell junk food? According to CEO Don Thompson, that seems to be the case.

In response, a polite Thomson said, “First off, we don’t sell junk food, Hannah.”

He then went on to argue that his kids eat McDonald’s and are healthy, adding that the chain has a plethora of healthy food options available on its menu.

“We sell a lot of fruits and veggies at McDonald’s,” Thompson said. “And are trying to sell even more.”

And cigarettes don’t cause cancer.

This entry was posted in Food, Open Thread and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://doran.pacifist.net/ Doran

    Just as alcoholics don’t think they’re alcoholic, and racists don’t think they’re racist, it seems junk food purveyors don’t think they sell junk food.

  • LeShan Jones

    I would argue that they dont sell FOOD. I dont know what those “burgers” are made of (pink slime) but it aint beef.
    The three places I NEVER eat at; McDonalds, Burger King & Taco Bell, I made that decision well before Spurlock made Supersize me.

    • kfreed

      Beat me to it. I should learn to read the comments first. No need for double dipping.

  • kfreed

    Don’t forget the pink slime. In corporate parlance, that undoubtedly qualifies as a vegetable, like pizza: http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/its-delicious-but-is-it-a-vegetable/

  • mrbrink

    CEO Don Thompson just said he still eats McDonald’s once a day and he’s dropped 20 pounds by walking and what’s been called the “McDiet,” noting that Europeans walk a lot and it’s rare to see Europeans who are “very very heavy.”

    Setting aside that stereotyping Europeans is weird, the fact that Europeans haven’t been injecting High Fructose Corn Syrup directly into their veins for the past 30 years like we’ve been doing in this country seems like a better place to start than blaming the victims for being lazy.

    In my experiences, the poorer you are, the more likely it is that you don’t have a car, or an apartment on the first floor of a five story walk up. Poor people walk to buses. They walk to grocery stores and walk back with little carts, or handfuls of plastic bags. Up subway stairs, down to the local bureaucracy to pay their utility bills and renew their latest poor tax, blocks and miles every a day. There’s more to our obesity epidemic than just walking for a few minutes a day.

    The fake sugar and Round Up they keep pumping into the food supply would be the first place to start if the habits of the victims weren’t such an easy target for blame.

  • mrbrink

    And this new egg white McMuffin… what the hell did they do with all the yolks? If there is landfill somewhere that contains a billion egg yolks I’m going to be very disappointed.