The Bubble Genius Bob & Chez Show 5/8/13

bcs_benghazigate

Benghazi-Gate Returns; The Motivations of the Benghazi Inquisition; The Bush Era Embassy Attacks; The Reagan Era Embassy Attacks (via Facebook friend Max McGloin); Republican Hypocrisy; The Benghazi Trolls; The Branding of Patriotism; Dick Cheney claims he kept us safe on September 11; InfoWars Reporter Dan Bidondi’s Illiterate Message; The Latest Tragedies Involving Babies with Guns; The Psychotic NRA Convention; Exotic Game Hunters Are Closet Serial Killers; and much more. Brought to you by Bubble Genius and the BobCesca.com Amazon Link.

There’s more political talk in this week’s After Party — Thursday at Noon eastern time. If you’re not a member, subscribe already. Only $6/month, cancel any time.

Download the mp3 (56 minutes, 23mb)
RSS Feed
Bob & Chez Show Archive

Bubble Genius

This entry was posted in Bob and Chez Show. Bookmark the permalink.
  • RilesSD

    Bob, FYI, Stitcher seems to only have up to the 5/1 episode.

      GRRR.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Loved the opening audio of Monty Python’s Spanish Inquisition sketch. I was mouthing off the words from it the entire time. A perfect way to encapsle the Republicans attempts to attack the Obama administration with Benghazi.

  • muselet

    My question to those on the Right: if there’s a coverup regarding Benghazi! Benghazi!! Benghazi!!!, what is being covered up? Seriously. As far as I can tell, there’s no underlying crime, so please STFU about Watergate (breaking and entering is a crime, children); likewise, I can discern no underlying abuse of power or malfeasance during or after the tragic events at the US mission, unlike the case with the Nixon White House which ordered its lackeys to commit a crime (so again, please STFU about Watergate). The best the Right has so far managed to come up with has been the talking points that Ambassador Susan Rice delivered on the Sunday yak shows, and those were prepared by the CIA rather than the White House and they were delivered on the Sunday yak shows. Please, Righties, either explain what the underlying crime or malfeasance is or sit down and let the grown-ups talk for a while.

    Chez, John McCain and Lindsey Graham sleep just fine. Their slumbers would be disturbed only if they had consciences.

    Bob, come on. When an R is in the White House, terrorists attack targets that are important only in retrospect without warning and in ways no one could possibly have predicted; when a D is in the White House, terrorists attack obvious targets in obvious ways after posting their plans on Facebook. Everyone knows that.

    Bob, of course there was no response from that nitwit on Twitter. There are no Sasquatch in Area 51. The Sasquatch are held at the double-ultra-super-secret facility in the crater of Mount St. Helens. Everyone knows that.

    Chez, nice dramatic reading. Lee Greenwood’s adenoidal wailing really made the experience complete.

    Dick Cheney really needs to go back to his secure, undisclosed location and close and lock the door (better, someone should lock the door from the outside). And if he could take his idiot daughter Elizabeth with him, I’d take that as a kindness.

    The whole “I’m manly because I shot something exotic from a safe distance” thing dates to well before the NRA being taken over by gun fetishists. Hell, Ernest Hemingway spent half his career writing about that sort of thing, and the dimmer members of the British aristocracy wasted a goodly part of their fortunes traveling around the Empire and making big holes in exotic animals. The difference now is there are fewer adrenaline-soaked outlets for stupidity and cruelty.

    You guys are right: the bleeding-human targets exist only because the gun fetishists think liberals will be outraged by them. Those people mistake disgust for outrage.

    Bob, it sounds like you had a close encounter with a cane spider. They won’t bite unless severely provoked, or so the internet tells me. The ones you really have to worry about are the ones you don’t see: black widows, brown recluses, banana spiders and the like. Those absolutely will bite and they are venomous. (Sleep tight.)

    –alopecia

    • i_a_c

      if there’s a coverup regarding Benghazi! Benghazi!! Benghazi!!!, what is being covered up? Seriously.

      No shit. Regardless of the CIA talking points, the official sequence of events was revised in a week. That’s a pretty lame coverup; any political motive must not have been terribly compelling.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Benghazi is an extension of the 2008 campaign strategy, viz., “We don’t know” [X] about Obama and he “hasn’t explained / won’t answer questions about” [Y], [Y] being whatever they were on about that week (Reverend Wright! Bill Ayers! Rezko! ACORN! EEEEEEEEK!!!!)

    Saying “we don’t know” and that someone “hasn’t explained” or “won’t answer questions” about something is just a rhetorical device to make people think there’s something there that isn’t. Most often, we do, in fact, know; the person has, in fact, explained, and has, in fact, answered those questions. In other words, the problem is not that “we don’t know” or that he “hasn’t explained” or “answered questions.” It’s that what we know, the explanations and the answers, don’t validate our narrative. So we’re going to keep claiming that there’s more to the story, even though there isn’t, until we can shoehorn reality into our prejudices.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    9/11 is left off of Bush’s record because his fans and enablers are still perfectly content to blame that on Clinton. Without going into detail as to their logic and reasoning therein, apparently an American president is utterly powerless to stop any terrorist attacks the planning of which begin before he takes office.

    If I were a terrorist, then, I would start planning an attack in 2015 or 2016, to be carried out some time between Jan. 21 and September 12, 2017. Whoever the new president is, (s)he will be powerless to stop me. Mwwwwhahahahahah!!!

  • http://twitter.com/_kennet Kennet

    Anybody else set Chez’s dramatic reading of Bidondi’s facebook update as their ringtone?

    • muselet

      I thought about it, but decided I didn’t want to gag every time my phone rang.

      –alopecia

  • i_a_c

    I just wanted to note here that it should be disturbing to normal people how much rightwing claptrap I’ve sifted through to figure out WTF these Benghazi fetishists are talking about.

    Of course the goalposts have been moved. Before there were BS accusations of coverups, the attack itself was the Scandal of the Century, sure to take down the president on foreign policy grounds. Since nobody bought that, they had to invent some conspiracy theories, and that’s not catching on, either.

  • therling

    I never noticed this before, but why the hell is Terry Jones wearing a leather flying helmet with goggles?