The Mainstreaming of Alex Jones Continues…

For example, New Hampshire state representative Stella Tremblay (R) thinks the Boston Marathon bombing might’ve been an inside job:

“Then, my first gut reaction seeing the horror of that person that has their legs blown off. You know, the bone sticking out? He was not in shock. I looked and I thought there’s something… I don’t know what’s wrong, but it seems surreal to me. I talked to my sister, who’s not into politics at all, and she said, yes, I saw the same thing. He was not in shock. He was not in pain. If I had had those type of injuries, I’d be screaming in agony.”

Marsha Blackburn has repeated Jones’ conspiracy theory about psych meds, and 2016 Republican presidential candidates Rand Paul and Ted Cruz routinely spout fringe conspiracy theories. I’m half expecting congressional hearings on the veracity of the moon landing.

This entry was posted in Alex Jones and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • trgahan

    I want her to be brought before one the people who lost their legs so she can tell them how she knows they were just actors helping Obama enslave us…please someone make this happen, film it, and broadcast it in prime time.

      The guy she was referring to is Jeff Bauman. He sure as hell looked like he was in shock to me. He is very lucky he survived, and if I were his mother, I would be screaming holy hell at this idiot and the rest of the conspiracy theorists. They are scary/mad/insane or just freaking stupid.

      Adds…..Bauman today: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323798104578455272405858976.html

  • JimmyAbra

    Funny how 2 people look at the same picture…I saw the “cropped” picture of the guy int he wheel chair and thought “I don’t want to see lower, because is ashen and looks in shock.” A few days later I accidentally saw it uncropped and knew had was most likely in shock and luckily not dead.

  • Nefercat

    They completely ignore the fact that these people have documented lives with friends and families and co-workers and neighbors all of whom can attest to the fact that these people had all their limbs one day and the next day they did not.

    I am getting more furious by the day at the alleged journalists who do not question crap like what this Tremblay fool spouts. What will it take for interviewers to start saying “You know, that is a really stupid thing to say” to these moronic, credulous, simple-minded goons?

    • i_am_allwrite

      I’d love to see this imbecile put in her place, but you can’t argue with crazy. As a reporter I’ve often been in positions where it suddenly becomes apparent that I’m dealing with a source who’s a whack job. Pointing out obvious contradictions in what they’re saying is pointless. There are certain assumptions rational people make–I can believe what I’m seeing, the most obvious explanation is usually the correct one, the government can’t use technology given to them by extraterrestrials to control my thoughts–assumptions that are necessary to being rational–that people like Tremblay don’t make.

      • Nefercat

        Oh, I believe every word you say. I knew even as I was writing it that you can’t reason with crazy (the fact that the government efficiently kept everyone safe during the manhunt is proof that they are plotting to gun us all down, for starters).

        Can you just smack them on the head with the microphone every time they say something stupid or nutty? It wouldn’t whack them sane, or contribute to a coherent interview which come to think of it wasn’t likely to happen anyway, but all the sane people watching would feel much better and less demoralized.

        Boop, try again. Boop, try again. Bap! Try again!

        Also, I just realized I insulted all journalists, which is obviously unfair and I apologize.

    These people pose a significant danger to this country and our way of life.

    I fear for the future of this country if we cannot manage to at least keep the complete whackos out of elected office.

  • http://twitter.com/PorradaVFR Al Iriberri

    The good news is I can almost certainly count on the fact that I won’t read anything more mind-numbingly stupid than that quote today.

  • Runt

    I presume she concluded that this guy was not in shock by using the same method Republicans used to remote diagnose Terry Schiavo?