The Senators Who Filibustered the President’s Infrastructure Bill

NBC 5 in Seattle: Photo of man on his car in Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse.

NBC 5 in Seattle: Photo of man on his car in Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse.

Regarding that bridge collapse in Mount Vernon, Washington, here are the names of the senators who filibustered the president’s infrastructure bill via Bill Scher:

Sen. Sessions (R-Ala.)
Sen. Shelby (R-Ala.)
Sen. Murkowski (R-Alaska)
Sen. Lieberman (I-Conn.)
Sen. Chambliss (R-Ga.)
Sen. Isakson (R-Ga.)
Sen. Crapo (R-Idaho)
Sen. Lugar (R-Ind.)
Sen. Grassley (R-Iowa)
Sen. McConnell (R-Ky.)
Sen. Vitter (R-La.)
Sen. Collins (R-Me.)
Sen. Snowe (R-Me.)
Sen. Cochran (R-Miss.)
Sen. Nelson (D-Neb.)
Sen. Burr (R-N.C.)
Sen. Coburn (R-Okla.)
Sen. Inhofe (R-Okla.)
Sen. DeMint (R-S.C.)
Sen. Graham (R-S.C)
Sen. Thune (R-S.D.)
Sen. Alexander (R-Tenn.)
Sen. Hutchison (R-Tex.)
Sen. Hatch (R-Utah)
Sen. Enzi (R-Wyo.)

The deficit has been reduced by $800 billion since the president was inaugurated. We can afford to do this, but the Republicans refuse to allow it because they’re more interested in sabotaging the economy to destroy the president. In the crossfire, the destruction of that bridge.

This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • DowneastDiva

    GOP says our infrastructure is fine. Must be true.

  • GlennBo

    Ha ha ha. Bitter traitor Joe Lieberman on the list. A disgusting human being to the end.

    • D_C_Wilson

      “But . . . But . . . He is ‘with us on everything except Iraq,'” whines Harry Reid.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    It’s a simple strategy. Prevent anything good from being done, make/let bad things happen, blame the POTUS for them and for having done nothing to prevent them, hope the public does the same, win the day’s news cycle with an eye toward winning the next election cycle.

    Our only hope is that the paracosm continues to shrink.

  • trgahan

    We are indeed the Greatest Country in the World that can afford to give profitable companies BILLLIONS in tax payer subsidy, use multi-million dollar weapons to kill one person, but refuses to maintain a simple bridge because of fiscal responsibility er something…

    President Obama just needs to insert language that would allow the money to be sole sourced without oversight to the friends and relatives of these senators. The bill would pass in a minute. Cause to conservatives, spending is only justified if someone they know and like is profiting.

  • Morgan McIntyre

    I don’t disagree with the overall point, but in this case a truck that was too tall hit a beam and it caused the collapse. Even a new bridge might collapse in such an incident.

    • Christopher Foxx

      I hadn’t yet heard the reason for the collapse. If that was it, a properly engineered and maintained bridge shouldn’t collapse because a truck hit it.