The Smoking Gun

It’s the smoking gun! Former IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman visited the White House 157 times between 2009 and 2012! He must have been in cahoots with the administration.

Except no, he didn’t visit the White House 157 times as The Atlantic explains.

Indeed, of the 157 events Shulman was cleared to attend, White House records only provide time of arrival information — confirming that he actually went to them — for 11 events over the 2009-2012 period, and time of departure information for only six appointments. According to the White House records, Shulman signed in twice in 2009, five times in 2010, twice in 2011, and twice in 2012.

There’s more — the overwhelming majority of the 157 visits Shulman was cleared to attend were not even scheduled to take place at the White House.

The vast majority of Shulman’s scheduled meetings were to take place in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building — 115 of them. Another three were slated for the NEOB. That leaves just 25 percent of the meetings in the White House itself, or on its South Lawn.

PopGun157 is a far cry from 11. And while it’s possible Shulman made several appearances that weren’t recorded, it’s unlikely 146 weren’t recorded.

I suppose if you believe the president is a secret-Muslim who used a time machine to plant his birth certificate, the idea that 146 visits were purposely left off the books between 2009 and 2012 to cover up the fact that he instructed the IRS to scrutinize Tea Party groups (and ultimately approve them for tax exempt status anyway) probably doesn’t seem so far fetched.

This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Corebela

    So… Another lie… From them…. Shocked.

  • muselet

    I look forward to Bill O’Reilly’s response if someone quotes the piece from The Atlantic at him:

    “You’re wrong! You’re wrong! I never said Mr. Shulman was at the White House 157 times! I never said that! I said he was cleared to go to the White House 157 times! The Atlantic just repeated what I said on Wednesday and claimed I didn’t!”

    If Bill O’Reilly says something, it’s probably wrong in some important way and he won’t admit or correct his mistake.

    –alopecia

  • Zen Diesel

    The new clown news room spin will be, how do we know the logs haven’t been doctored, following by Benghazi!!!!!

  • D_C_Wilson

    When you think nothing of Karl Rove “accidentally” deleting hundreds of emails, you natural assume the other side does the same thing.

    • mrbrink

      It was millions of emails lost and deleted by Rove. Between 5 million and 22 million emails deleted after it was revealed that they were using the White House email account to conduct RNC business and cover up their trail of U.S. attorney firings in violation of the Presidential records Act, the Federal Records Act, the Hatch Act– just for starters. I get a kick out of these insincere whiny fucks whining and complaining about how they’re all so disappointed in President Obama because this was “supposed to be the most transparent administration in history,” blah, blah, blah… “I thought this was supposed to be a transparent administration… I hope you’re disappointed in Hope and Change because I sure am…”

      It’s the Jackie Robinson standard.

  • linusbern

    Hmm, only eleven times eh? That’s too bad. Wait a minute, he should be visiting way more, he sounds lazy and disengaged. The scandal lives again!