They Aren’t Hiding It

Focusing on fake scandals rather than substance is good for Republicans, right? The Heritage Foundation seems to think so and they’re urging House Republicans not to vote on important legislation because it would be a distraction from their distractions.

According to The Hill, Heritage Action wrote a letter to John Boehner and Eric Cantor which read “Recent events have rightly focused the nation’s attention squarely on the actions of the Obama administration” and that they should avoid “bringing any legislation to the House Floor that could expose or highlight major schisms within the conference.”

More

“Legislation such as the Internet sales tax or the FARM Act which contains nearly $800 billion in food stamp spending, would give the press a reason to shift their attention away from the failures of the Obama administration to write another ‘circular firing squad’ article,” Needham warmed.

“Make no mistake, principled conservatives will still oppose bad policy if it comes to the floor. Rather than scheduling such legislation for consideration, we urge you to keep the attention focused squarely on the Obama administration,” he wrote.

This is the message — delay a vote on substantive policy for as long as possible to ensure that the media will focus on our ongoing fake scandal witch hunt rather than the Republican party’s complete lack of empathy for average citizens.

This ought to be the real scandal we’re discussing, but the fate of SNAP benefits and the general welfare of the nation obviously isn’t as salacious or enticing to our Fourth Estate as phantom blue dresses. And Heritage knows that. They’re counting on it.

This entry was posted in Congress, Ethics and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Christopher Foxx

    They Aren’t Hiding It

    They’ve never hid it. Republicans have, for decades, been blatant and obvious in their total lack of interest in serving the nation. And, with rare exceptions *, the democrats, the press and the public don’t call them on it.

    _
    * Refusing to be over-talked and calling a Republican shameful should not be such a unique occurrence that it gets headlines.

  • missliberties

    We could make it the real scandal if we bring enough focus for this to the media.

    Anyone know how to contact Chuck Todd? :)

    • D_C_Wilson

      I’m sure McCain has him on speed dial.

      • Treading_Water

        Might be faster to just call John McCain’s proctologist.

  • D_C_Wilson

    One good thing about DeMented taking over the Heritage Foundation is that he’s unleashed all the racists, bigots, and assorted scumbags and told them they no longer have to worry about using code words. We can now see them coming a mile away.

  • http://twitter.com/StevenSaidWhat Steven

    I don’t know any other term to use but mass psychosis. Did you see the Peggy Noonan article today claiming we’re in the worst scandal since Watergate? These people have simply lost all bearings with reality.

    I never liked George W. Bush and made no secret of it. But I didn’t speak of him or his administration, which I consider the most incompetent and immoral in my 44-year life span, with such venom and deranged hatred. I just thought he was a bad excuse for a president and opposed his policies! I didn’t think he was out to destroy the country or bring about the Second Coming. But these people feel that way toward Obama, and it’s frightening that their otherwise functional minds can be lost so completely in this sludge. That’s why so many of us progressives and liberals and lefties attribute it to racism, because it’s the only somewhat reasonable explanation for their behavior. My sane mind is trying to understand this insanity, and racism is the only thing I can attribute it to, because I just can’t figure out what else it might be.

    I knew a black president would drive them crazy, but I had no idea the extent to which they would become unhinged.

    • 1933john

      Spot on, Steven