Visual Stimulation For Lunatics

Some images from the NRA’s annual group therapy session:

Justin Sullivan- Getty images

Buying and selling your soul. Justin Sullivan- Getty images

Justin Sullivan- Getty

You know? for kids! Justin Sullivan- Getty

Justin Sullivan- Getty

For lots of kids! Justin Sullivan- Getty

Justin Sullivan- Getty

Aim high, Trigger. Justin Sullivan- Getty

Justin Sullivan- Getty

Hunting for…? Justin Sullivan- Getty

An AR-15 rifle is accessorized with a pink hand guard, vertical grip, pistol grip and stock assembly. Justin Sullivan- Getty images

An AR-15 rifle is accessorized with a pink hand guard, vertical grip, pistol grip and stock assembly. Justin Sullivan- Getty images

For the ladies. A bra with a built-in concealed firearm holster made by Flashbang Holsters is displayed. Justin Sullivan- Getty images

For the ladies. Bang-bang! A bra with a built-in concealed firearm holster made by Flashbang Holsters is displayed. Justin Sullivan- Getty images

Custom targets. Justin Sullivan- Getty images

Custom targets. That one on the right looks familiar. Justin Sullivan- Getty images

Sarah Palin blasting the Lamestream media and President Obama.

Sarah Palin blasting the Lamestream media and President Obama, which is not at all like leaders of a militant movement calling for armed insurrection.

Keynote speaker, Glenn Beck.

Keynote speaker, Glenn Beck, will not comply with gun regulations or his doctor’s prescribed medication for fake gun fetishism.

We’re so lucky to have such a terrible organization around defending our right to be as insane as we would want our children to be. These are the fucking people telling us that we should look more closely into mental health and our violence-based society.

This entry was posted in Far-right Intellectual Violence, Glenn Beck, Gun Fetishists, Guns, Lying Liars, Republican Party, Sarah Palin, Swag, Wingnuts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

    The NRA should be dismantled and outlawed. Really. Bastards.

  • muselet

    Beck used historically significant guns as props to illustrate his point in an emotional, nearly two-hour long speech.

    The most poignant was that of New York City police officer Walter Weaver, a lifelong NRA member, who died trying to save others in the World Trade Center during the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

    The skeleton of the gun found in the rubble is “a silent token of liberty and freedom,” Beck said.

    Yes, Walter Weaver was doing something heroic, but the fact he was armed is irrelevant to his self-sacrifice. Also, does Glenn Beck not realize that a police officer is a government agent? You know, the same evil, tyrannical gummint he and the rest of the NRA spend so much time howling in rage about?

    John Geel, a competitive shooter who flew from Virginia to attend the convention, sneered at the idea of government regulations.

    “Background checks are a valid means to an end, but they’re a smokescreen,” he said.

    In other words, background checks are a good thing, but they’re a bad thing.

    And for the record, I would run a mile if I found out I was anywhere near a woman wearing one of those bra-holster thingies. I’d be laughing, but I’d be running.

      Laughing while running should be our national pastime.

      “And for the record, I would run a mile if I found out I was anywhere
      near a woman wearing one of those bra-holster thingies. I’d be laughing,
      but I’d be running.”

      :) Me too.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      If Glenn Beck was equiped to realize, he’d quickly find out what a sham and waste of a life he was leading.

      • http://twitter.com/tlavely Tony Lavely

        Well, no worry there, then.

  • ranger11

    They made Obama a zombie. Since when zombies can handle guns? They don’t know zombies. What else is new.

  • js hooper

    This some scary ass shit. Those target posters they are selling of a Zombie Obama make me sick to my stomach. I truly fear for his family’s safety. This NRA freak-show is nothing more than a white nationalist Klan Rally.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      It’s like they watched Birth Of A Nation and found it to be spiritual and motivating.

    Offhand, what really worries me in these images is that the guns for children look like toys. I’m thinking we had better be ready to see children shooting children accidentally on a large scale.

    Unconscionable.

    • muselet

      Only if their parents are stupid and irresponsible to buy their kids candy-colored firearms. (Oh, who am I kidding? Of course people will buy the damned things.)

      Maybe the guns should carry a warning label: If you buy this product, you’re an idiot. (Oh, who am I kidding? The people who would buy the damned things can’t read.)

        They are idiots, and they will buy them, Alo.

        When my son was growing up, I was the only parent I knew who refused to buy him toy guns. To this day, he has no interest in the things, for which I am very grateful.

        • stacib23

          I was the exact same – not even the pretty, colored water pistols. I always figured if I banned all guns, there was less of a chance for my kids to pick up a real gun while thinking it was fake. Stupid logic, maybe, but to my knowledge, they have never handled a gun.

            Yeah, that’s how I felt too. I never really understood why war toys were allowed by parents, but what do I know.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    If they made a customized target of Wayne LaPierre with his pants dropped and mooning us with his cottage cheesed ass, I’d buy it for the pleasure of shooting it ’till there was no ass left. But then I realize, I don’t own a firearm, so what’s the point?

      Toilet paper?

      • Victor_the_Crab

        Good point.

  • GOVCHRIS1988

    I’m just going to say it. This is just natural selection. We can’t stop it, just let it happen. The only fools that buy these murder weapons for children are dumbass redneck parents who think investing in an XBOX 360 is too much of a strain. Seriously, this is how it ends for them. Either buy their kids these guns to bump themselves off with or die of carbon monoxide poisoning in a mudblocked, gasguzzling, exhaust fume putting 1980’s Chevrolet SUV like that Shain Gandee guy. I mean, these folks are making the Ghetto look like Club Med.

    • http://twitter.com/tlavely Tony Lavely

      Don’t forget, natural selection has to happen _before_ reproduciton… Maybe that’s why they’re so dead set against Birth Control?