Benghazi Conspiracy Theorist Lindsey Graham Denies IRS Conspiracy Theory

Yesterday, Graham said it’s unlikely the White House directed the IRS to scrutinize tea party groups:

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Monday became the latest Republican to reject Darrell Issa’s comments that White House press secretary Jay Carney is a “paid liar” in relation to the IRS controversy. But Graham went further than his Republican colleagues, saying there’s no evidence that the White House ordered the tax agency to target conservative groups.

During an interview with “Kilmeade and Friends” on Fox News Radio, Graham said Issa, a California Republican, was a key player in investigating the matter as the chairman of the House Oversight Committee. But, he conceded, “you can go too far” with personal allegations.

“Let’s not make it personal. Jay Carney is not the issue here. He’s the spokesman for the White House,” Graham told host Brian Kilmeade, adding that it “never helps” to resort to personal name-calling.

I think this was strategic. Graham’s hobby horse is Benghazi and so he doesn’t want to waste his conspiracy theory dollars on theories he’s not directly involved with.

This entry was posted in IRS Scandal and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    I think Lindsey Graham wants to take Darrell Issa down a peg or two: Issa’s getting too much attention and Graham is worried that when the next round of Benghazi! Benghazi!! Benghazi!!! hearings are held in the Senate there won’t be enough cameras pointing in his direction.

      He could just hold the hearing during his weekly appearance on Meet the Press. I’m sure there will be plenty of cameras in him then.