Chart of the Day

via ThinkProgress, here’s how long each cable news network devoted to carrying President Obama’s major speech on climate change which he delivered today at Georgetown.

Climate-Coverage

This is particularly embarrassing for MSNBC. Fox News covered the president’s speech for a greater duration than they did.

Your “liberal media” at work.

This entry was posted in MSNBC, The Media and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    Fucking deplorable. Climate Change is the biggest elephant in the room of topics…like…ever. It’s indiscriminate towards gender, race, social standing, economic standing, location, religious belief, or political persuasion. It will in some way affect every person on the planet.

    Do I sound alarmist? Good…because it doesn’t matter if you “believe” climate science it’s still fact subjected to the scientific method. That method points to the climate fucking us up in ways we never knew it could.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Well… maybe location does play some part in how it’ll treat ya.

  • Mike_Norris

    Between Chris Hayes beating of dead horses, Rachel Maddow’s fear monguering, and Lawrence O’Donnel’s own brand of Obama bashing, I have had it with MSNBC. They can no longer be considered liberal media. They are just purveyors of horseshit. An inch deep and a mile wide…

    • ranger11

      Yeah, they officially suck dick. Paranoid androids the bunch of ‘em. A little diversity would be nice. White hipsters uber alles!

    • Zen Diesel

      Just curious, if MSNBC is indeed a heaping mile long pile of shit, what does that make CNN and Fox News?

      • Victor_the_Crab

        I’d say, a pile of shit the size of Jupiter.

      • D_C_Wilson

        Fox is Bullshit Mountain, of course while CNN is a slightly smaller bullshit mountain.

        • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

          Agreed.
          I believe the term is Bullshit Foothill…..for the time being….

    • Victor_the_Crab

      They never were. MSNBC is a “liberal” network in the sense that they are trying to attract liberal eyeballs for their advertisers. They’re only liberals for the money. Say what you want about Fox News, but at least they stay true to what their beliefs are, as sick and twisted as they are.

  • Nefercat

    “This is particularly embarrassing for MSNBC. Fox News covered the president’s speech for a greater duration than they did.”

    But was fox bashing it for 4:30 of the 4:37 they allotted (with the other 7 seconds plugging oil and fracking)?

    Sigh. I suppose I could look it up but then I would have to give fox a click and a listen.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Indeed.

      Are we really supposed to equate the quality of news coverage to amount of time spent, Bob?

      • Rollo Tamasi

        You’re just being your usual contrarian self. You can’t get any quality in 41 seconds.

        And considering the magnitude and seriousness of the subject matter of the POTUS’s speech, it is even more appalling. And from the station that gives us all those PSAs about the environment.

        And that was ASHBY’s point.

        • Christopher Foxx

          I got his point. He also pointed out Fox spent more time, as if that’s relevant to his point that 41 wasn’t sufficient. More time doesn’t equal more quality. This is my point.

  • eljefejeff

    if you wish to find actual news, I suggest you avoid cable news networks

  • js hooper

    This is the Obama boot licking media that the firebaggers, paultards and right wingers keep telling me about.

    BULLY PULPIT!!!! (jazz hands)

    The media doesn’t want this Black ass President to be able to speak directly to the American people….for fear that they might like what he has to say.

    They would rather tell u what he said or didn’t say and why he sucks.This is why I have no use for the Professional Left and think they are the biggest obstacle to progress.

  • js hooper

    I remember watching Sarah Palin’s entire resignation speech (as gov. of Alaska) on MSNBC….from beginning to painfully hilarious end.

    But then again, Palin is a white woman. Black ass Barry only deserves 41 seconds.

    • Zen Diesel

      Because Climate Change isn’t sexy for the networks.

  • mrbrink

    The Weather Channel cannot be bought off!