CNN is On It!

I’ll just leave this here.

CNNCaptainCrunch

Is Captain Crunch really a captain? The eternal debate rages on.

(via @Brandon_Borders)

This entry was posted in The Media and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    Well, I guess it was discuss this or masturbation rights for the unborn. Having solved all our other problems.

  • muselet

    “It’s weird. He’s been a captain for like forty years.”
    That’s what’s weird? Joey, his eyebrows are on his hat.

    “Joey” and “Chandler” debating the oddness of Cap’n Crunch on Friends. And it’s better reporting on the matter than CNN’s.

    –alopecia

  • formerlywhatithink

    All right, let’s just settle this right meow. Although he wears a Commanders stripes, Commanders in command of a ship is referred to as Captain.

  • Kennet

    Next we’ll be finding out the berries aren’t real.

    And that, boys and girls, is our constitutionally protected fourth estate.

    christ.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Oh, FFS!

    • Bubble Genius

      I’m afraid to find out about Colonel Sanders. And WTF is Popeye? I’m glad we have people ready to ask those hard-hitting questions.

      • D_C_Wilson

        Popeye was only a “sailor man.” He never claimed to be an officer.

        Ironically, Colonel Sanders (the only real person in this discussion so far) actually did have a claim on the title “colonel” because of Kentucky’s weird tradition of bestowing that title on noted residents of the state.

        He did serve in the army during the Spanish-American war, but as an enlisted man.

        • Bubble Genius

          Shades of Inherit the Wind!

      • JMAshby

        The Kentucky Colonel society is a real thing that exists, actually. It’s the backwoods version of knighthood where the knights do things like participate in corn eating contests at the fair.

        Actually I made that last part up, but it wouldn’t surprise me. I did live there 26 years.

    • Admiral_Komack

      Is Count Chocula really a Count…and can he count?
      This…is CNN.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Jeff Zucker’s definition of hard news, ladies and gentlemen.

  • mrbrink

    “Probably not even a Captain…”

    Let The Dream Die!

  • JimmyAbra

    Trying to figure out if this is more idiotic than the time they spent deciding weather the groundhog should be brought up on charges for not getting spring correctly predicted!