Conspiracy Theory

Is a report detailing the possible suffering of wounded veterans as a result of sequestration a secret Obama plot? Fox News asks the tough questions.

Duff: This is very disturbing because we dont have a lot information that’s been released right now so it makes it very suspicious to me — has this been released to get the public all stirred up that the military is being affected and the warriors aren’t going to receive their medical treatment.

Is this like the TSA incident where people were going to be backlogged at the airports and not be able to get on the flights. Is this a covert-ops plan to get us more dependent on the government? In recent years we start to wonder, what is the agenda behind everything?

That final question — what is the agenda behind everything? — is your clearest example of what Obama Derangement Syndrome looks like.

I can recall believing, rightfully so in hindsight, that President Bush and his administration was populated almost exclusively by completely inept fuck-ups, but I don’t recall believing nor hearing many accusations that there was a malicious agenda lurking behind every perceived governmental mishap. There was no Bush Derangement Syndrome, there was simply life under Bush.

If sequestration is a secret plot to make people more dependent on the government, that would be quite ironic given that congressional Republicans demanded sequestration.

Do congressional Republicans want people more dependent on government?

  • beulahmo

    And I’m sure the Fox News Channel still claims (with a straight face) that this is part of their regular, non-commentary programming of straight news reporting. They continually imply, by their behavior, that they believe their audience to be idiots; the audience should be offended by it.

    • Christopher Foxx

      But, since they’re accurate in their assessment of their audience, their audience will remain blissfully un-offended.

  • muselet

    This—

    “When the Piranhas left school they were called up but were found by an Army Board to be too unstable even for National Service.”

    —came to mind when I watched that video. Wonder why?

    Could it be that Jessie Jane Duff is Doug and Dinsdale Piranha’s long-lost cousin? She may not nail people’s heads to the floor, but she’s definitely a loon.

    …has this been released to get the public all stirred up that the military is being affected and the warriors aren’t going to receive their medical treatment.

    And why is that a problem? Does she believe that veterans not receiving medical treatment is something that should be hushed up?

    Why is she so anti-veteran? Why does she hate the troops?

  • Victor_the_Crab

    AAARGH! Brain… hurts! Stupid… burns!