Delusions of Grandeur

tinfoilHats

The Guardian hosted a ridiculous spectacle today that was a Q&A session with Edward Snowden, and before they even arrived at the third question the idea that he may be assassinated came up. Again.

The second question, from The Guardian’s Glenn Greenwald, read as follows: “How many sets of the documents you disclosed did you make, and how many different people have them? If anything happens to you, do they still exist?” [...]

“All I can say right now is the US Government is not going to be able to cover this up by jailing or murdering me,” he wrote. “Truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped.”

In The Guardian’s original profile of him, Snowden claimed the U.S. government may “pay off the Triads” to kill him. Kill him because he revealed that FISA is a thing that exists. Obviously.

Privileged white libertarians with delusions of grandeur can only fantasize about being martyred. For the residents of Chicago, being murdered is an existential threat. More on that shortly.

File this under “wingnuts.”

This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • blackdaug

    Hmm…Manic phase bipolar?
    What limits would GG go to in order to advance his career to the next level?
    The answer is none. No limits.

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    What a couple of clowns Snowden and Greenwald are.

  • muselet

    Charlie Pierce today, who thinks Edward Snowden has done the country a service:

    The United States government is not interested in murdering you. If you have proof to the contrary, please provide it, and all answers containing the names “al-Alwaki” or “Rand Paul” will be immediately disallowed by our judges.

    –alopecia

    • blackdaug

      It’s weird. Pierce has actually been pretty hands of about the story, but even his mild rebukes have been met with push back in his comment section..who are normally a sophisticated lot. I think he actually gets the story, but is afraid of setting off a Greenbomb..which is kind of disappointing. Snowdens answers today were just so chalk full o nuts, the defenders are starting to sound really weak.
      The actual Guardian page where the questions were asked however….is basicly awash with unabashed Paulites. They unintentionally make Snowden seem sane by contrast.

      • Bubble Genius

        The only reason the Guardian comments section seems awash with Paulites is because even slightly challenging comments were removed. I watched it happen, wish I’d had the sense to get screengrabs. I usually prepare myself for that on, you know, places like Sarah Palin’s Facebook page, but didn’t think a real newspaper would do that. Who knew?

        • JMAshby

          From my perspective, The Guardian is now no better than the Daily Mail. The Daily Mail may be more dignified at this point.

        • blackdaug

          That’s odd too…because I thought the same thing, just not familiar enough with comments at the Guardian to tell for sure. Does it seem to anyone else that Gg is tightening the leash on Snowden? Maybe trying to control the message a little better? Not very successfully… but was there a video feed for this one?

          • Bubble Genius

            No video feed that I know of, I guess it might have been filmed but not for real-time airing! It seemed to me as though GG was cherry-picking questions that were overly obsequious. Surprise surprise.

          I used to do screengrabs on Huffpost for that same reason. They completely suck too.

          • D_C_Wilson

            That’s why I stopped posting at HP years ago.

            Yeah, me too, DC.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    File this under “wingnuts.”

    “Wingnuts” slash “Batshit”.