Do Nothing

StudentLoans

Artist – Jimmy Margulies

In other news, a new poll from Latino Decisions found that 81 percent of voters support a “joint consideration of a pathway to citizenship and border security” while only 13 percent agree with focusing on border security.

The position of the 13 percent is most directly reflected by members of the House such as Steve King and Louie Gohmert and, unfortunately, key members of House committees that will shape the House version of immigration reform.

They can ride that 13 percent popular support all the way to the ballot box in 2016. And make no mistake — if immigration reform doesn’t pass either this year or next, it absolutely will be the campaign issue in 2016. And that should scare the shit out of Republican campaign operatives.

This entry was posted in Education, Open Thread, Poll and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    The Rs will only come to regret their position on immigration if non-Rs start voting in non-presidential elections.

      Agreed. Until that happens, I think we are entering a period of “minority rule” (and I am not talking about the type of minority the republicans fear so much) in American politics.