Follow-up on the Quote of the Morning

“I’d just add a letter, a document here that was given to me from Morality in the Media. Pat Truman used to be in the Department of Justice. I knew him when he was there. He points out that, a picture here of a newsstand and an Air Force base exchange with, you know, sexually explicit magazines being sold. So, we live in a culture that’s awash in sexual activity. If it’s not sold on base, it’s right off base. There are videos and so forth that can be obtained, and it creates some problems, I think.” Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) on the military sexual assault issue

Yes, porn. Porn is to blame, says Jeff Sessions. And “there are videos that can be obtained.” Spoken like a man who’s trying too hard to sound like he’s never seen porn.

Once again, here’s the problem: psychotic men who won’t stop assaulting women. Full stop. Don’t rape, etc.

This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Mike_Norris

    Gee, I thought everyone knew that…

  • trgahan

    I have a weird idea. Has anyone ever tried to inform male soldiers that rape is bad and illegal? Then (stay with me) follow up with investigations and criminal prosecutions to those soldiers who still rape female soldiers?

    See, as a civilian, there are these things called “laws” that I am supposed to follow or I am punished. I can’t just DO anything I have the urge (whether hormone or skin mag induced) to do, be it speeding, stealing, and similar stuff.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Nah, investigations and prosecutions are only for men who want to have sex with other men.

  • muselet

    Somewhere in the country, hidden from public view, there’s a special breeding facility where gits like Jeff Sessions and Saxby Chambliss come from. Sort of a puppy mill for idiot politicians.

    What other explanation makes sense?

    –alopecia

  • Nefercat

    “He points out that, a picture here of a newsstand and an Air Force base exchange with, you know, sexually explicit magazines being sold. So, we live in a culture that’s awash in sexual activity. If it’s not sold on base, it’s right off base. There are videos and so forth that can be obtained, and it creates some problems, I think.”

    So, following republican “thought” processes, all those military sexual assaults are caused by the sluts and whores in those porn magazines and movies who are leading all those fine young upstanding rapists astray?

    • D_C_Wilson

      Well, what do you expect them to say? That it’s the fault of the men who commit sexual assault? That’s crazy talk!

  • Christopher Foxx

    here’s the problem: psychotic men who won’t stop assaulting women. Full stop.

    No, not full stop. The problem is the psychotic men who assault women AND their commanding officers who believe it better to cover for them than punish them.