Of Course He Does

Kris Kobach, the father of “Papers Please” anti-immigration law, which as you may recall was described as a “model for the nation” by Mitt Romney, says immigration reform protesters are just like the KKK. Because of course he does.

Kansas’ Republican secretary of state, Kris Kobach, said that the immigration reform activists who protested on his porch over the weekend were committing acts of “intimidation” and were no different than the “Ku Klux Klan.”

“They’re just not wearing white cloaks, but this is exactly KKK type of intimidation,” Kobach told Glenn Beck on his radio show Tuesday.

Beck responded by saying that “these people have learned from the Klan.”

They learned from the Klan, which is exactly why they’re protesting peacefully for a righteous cause rather than burning a cross in Kobach’s front yard or fire-bombing a church because they believe in the Master Race.

Kobach also told Fox News that this is the “reason we have the Second Amendment.” To shoot mobs of protesters who just want to be treated equally. Obviously.

Paging Stephen Colbert.

This entry was posted in Glenn Beck, Immigration and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • dbtheonly

    Stephen Colbert?

    Or are we talking First Amendment Remedies?

  • Draxiar

    The wonderful world of PROJECTION.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Yup. And the name of that world is Bizzaro World.

  • muselet

    “If we had been in the home and not been armed, I would have felt very afraid – because it took the police 15 minutes to show up.”

    “9-1-1, what’s your emergency?”

    “There are a bunch of brown people outside my house waving signs and chanting slogans.”

    “Uh-huh. What’s the emergency, sir?”

    “They’re noisy! And they’re brown!”

    “Sir, have you tried asking them to keep it down?”

    “Didn’t you hear me? They’re brown! They probably don’t speak English! Send the SWAT team!”

    “All right, sir, I’ll have a cruiser drive past your house and see what’s going on.”

    One car? One car isn’t going to be enough to control this mob!”

    “It’s the best I can do right now, sir.”

    “All right, but hurry it up! You know how excitable those people are.”

    *click*

    “Topeka Police, dispatch.”

    “Hi, Jenny. Virginia Apodaca at 9-1-1. The Secretary of State just called about some people outside his house. Could you sent someone by to check it out?”

    “*sigh* Again?

      Strangely, I can see this in my mind’s eye

      • muselet

        Sometimes these things write themselves.

      I certainly wouldn’t be comfortable with a a large crowd of people picketing outside my private house, regardless of who they are. And I’d certainly hope if I called the police for help in that situation they’d be more responsive than dismissive.

      Oh, but we don’t like his politics, so I guess it’s OK then.

      • muselet

        Your concern trolling is noted.

          Troll, n, someone who doesn’t fully agree with you.

          Got it.

          • muselet

            Oh, please.

            I have no problem with people who disagree with me as long as they argue honestly (take a look at my comments history if you doubt, and no, I am emphatically not saying you argue dishonestly). And I agree that a few hundred people outside my home would be disconcerting at best.

            But a ridiculous, borderline-racist (see what I did there?) politician who got protested then went on the radio with the even-more-ridiculous Glenn Beck and compared peaceful protesters to Klukkers! He did the next best thing to Godwining himself and I’m supposed to be solicitous of his feelings?

            Nope. Not gonna happen. And just so you know, I’d say the same thing of a Lefty politician who did something that spectacularly stupid.

            Sometimes the most appropriate reaction to a Kris Kobach is to point and laugh. It’s not civil—in fact, it’s kind of mean—but that’s what I do sometimes. I point and laugh. Maybe that makes me a bad liberal (Bad liberal! *smacks nose with rolled-up newspaper* Bad!), but I’m fine with that.

            Oh, and that wasn’t a transcript of the actual 9-1-1 call, in case there’s any confusion. I’m sure the police were very responsive to Kobach’s call.

            Good lord, man, get a grip.

            –alopecia

  • zirgar

    This is ironic, since Kris Kobach’s middle name is Karl.

  • delosgatos

    ‘this is the “reason we have the Second Amendment.”’

    Off by one error. Very common.

  • LeShan Jones

    He actually invoked the second amendment, people like this are almost too far gone to be reasoned with at all. The best you can do is humiliate them (if they had a sense of humility that is) in front of others so they will be exposed as the idiots they truly are.

  • Christopher Foxx

    They learned from the Klan, which is exactly why they’re protesting peacefully for a righteous cause rather than burning a cross in Kobach’s front yard or fire-bombing a church because they believe in the Master Race.

    Kobach does have a point. I’d agree they aren’t anywhere near the Klan in terms of extent, but there are some similarities in the method they chose. Busing crowds to trespass his home is not the actions of a group who isn’t trying to intimidate. Some reason they couldn’t picket him at his office?

    • http://www.tumblr.com/blog/akinsc Carla

      He refused to meet with them at the Capitol. His law practice office is in his home. The Sunshine Community Group (protestors) did not actually know this fact when the Capitol receptionist provided his “office” address.

      • Christopher Foxx

        Thanks for explaining, Carla. I and’t seen that info.