Outreach

As Governor Rick Perry calls for a second special session to pass SB5 and Ohio Republicans push their own anti-abortion bill through the state legislature, the RNC is launching a new outreach initiative aimed at women.

The Republican National Committee announced Wednesday it is launching an initiative “designed to advance the role of women within our party.” [...]

The initiative is called Women on the Right UNITE and was described in a news release as “a joint project to promote the recruitment of and support for Republican women and women candidates.”

But while we’re on the subject of Rick Perry and Republican outreach to women, Perry had this to say in regards to the successful filibuster of SB5 by Wendy Davis.

“The louder they scream, the more we know that we are getting something done.”

And if that comes off to you as somewhat rape-y, you wouldn’t be the only one. Now just relax and take it, it’ll all be over soon. Once you’ve dusted yourself off you can participate in Women on the Right UNITE.

War on Women Fiction

By the way, Texas executed its 500th person since 1982 yesterday. Because pro-life.

This entry was posted in Abortion, Rick Perry, War On Women and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JozefAL

    The only thing that could make Texas even more insane is for the legislators to pass, and Governor Goodhair to sign, a bill that would turn abortion (whether being the woman having the abortion or the physician performing the procedure) a death-penalty crime. Not that I have any doubt that the current knuckedragging mouthbreathers in the Texas legislature would have any problem with such a bill.

    • muselet

      Even the dumbest legislators know they can’t charge a woman with murder for having an abortion. They’d love to do it, but it would be electoral hara-kiri. Instead, fetus fetishists pretend—unconvincingly—that the woman is also a “victim” of abortion, as if evil abortionists lurk in the bushes, waiting to waylay innocent uteri … erm, women … as they walk by and force them against their will to have abortions.

      Going after women, not gonna happen. Going after the doctors, you betcha. I give it maybe a year before a bill is introduced somewhere, redefining first-degree murder to include abortion (and if no legislature has a go, some forced-birth organization will try by ballot initiative).

    For a long time I figured the “leaders” of the Republican part were probably just shrewd opportunists. No different from the grifters who swindle folks of their money. They know the shit they’re selling is shit.

    But I’m starting to think a growing number of them really believe what they say. Perhaps this is the second generation of “conservatives” who, having been raised surrounded by lies all their lives, truly believe their shit is gold.

    They seem to truly mystified when folks don’t believe them.

    • JMAshby

      Perhaps this is the second generation of “conservatives” who, having been raised surrounded by lies all their lives, truly believe their shit is gold.

      I’m inclined to believe that.

      • Christopher Foxx

        I’m thinking it also comes from their sense of privileged. That they’ve had things just going their way for so long (and convinced themselves it’s nefarious enemy action when things don’t) that they truly believe they should get what they want just by stating what they want.

        They’ll say “We want to reach out to non-whites and non-males” and then believe, having said that’s what they want, they they don’t actually have to do anything. “We said we want you to like us, and I can’t begin to understand why you don’t. We said it’s what we want. Isn’t that enough?”

  • Victor_the_Crab

    “The louder they scream, the more we know that we are getting something done.”

    Yup. Definetly sounds like Governor Oopsy has been involved in more than one date rape.

    • mrbrink

      Sick, sick people.

      At what point to we send the Feds in the demolish Rick Perry’s Branch Davidian Compound he’s got going down there?

      This is now well passed the point of rhetorical villainy.