POTUS to Announce Plan to Address Climate Change

According to the Los Angeles Times, the Obama administration may unveil a sweeping climate change plan next month that will tackle greenhouse gas emissions.

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration is considering a sweeping initiative to address climate change, including the first-ever limits on carbon dioxide from power plants, the country’s biggest source of greenhouse gas emissions, according to people familiar with the discussions.

The White House has yet to settle on specific measures, but “we’re hearing that existing power plants are definitely in the mix,” said a person with knowledge of the deliberations, who, like others, asked not to be identified to talk about White House discussions. An announcement could come by mid-July.

Any plan announced by the White House will likely face fierce resistance both in the courtroom and in the Republican-controlled House of Representatives where the existence of snow is considered evidence that global warming doesn’t exist, but it’s possible the Environmental Protection Agency will the ability to enforce some of the president’s proposals right out of the box.

Congressional Republicans have held several votes to defund the Environmental Protection Agency over the past several years, and I expect we will see another vote before the year’s end.

This entry was posted in Congress, Environment, President Obama and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    The Right will flip its collective wig and there will be no end to the lawsuits no matter what, but it will be interesting to see what’s proposed.

      One thing is for sure, no matter what is proposed, the right will call it Soshalism!

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    This will be the beginning of a long hard battle against the republican/Koch flat earth party, but I’m glad it’s starting.

      You’ve not been paying attention. According to Gov’ Li’l Bobby Jindal, it’s libruls who believe the earth is flat.

  • blackdaug

    I actually caught the POTUS today in an interview with Charlie Rose. Of course, nearly all of it was spent on “Scoop” Greenwald and his long running action thriller.
    It was really an amazing thing on very subtle level, watching an actual constitutional lawyer and law professor, (not just a lawyer who throws it out as a badge during interviews) explain the in and outs of a program that he apparently knows quite well.
    Keep in mind he was talking to Charlie Rose, so he dumbed it down a few notches, but he managed to put forth the technical details of the various programs, their levels of transparency, and his efforts to make sure everyone understood how they were used.

    Of course, I know from various commenters on various blogs that it was all a pack of lies and he is, in point of fact, worse than Hitler……and that I am an O-bot just for watching it..

    .but he didn’t mis-pronounce every word that contained more than 2 syllables, get angry when he was interrupted, or tell Charlie to go fuck himself. So ya know I give him points for that…..

    Oh…and I have a question I would like to ask G-Snow:
    Know who else spied on Russial?
    Hitler!!!
    (Stolen from Driftglass)

  • js hooper

    Worse than Bush!

    / firebagger

  • eljefejeff

    dead on arrival, especially with the left abandoning Obama for continuing something Bush started