President Sends Envoy To Close Guantanamo Bay

President Obama has sent an envoy consisting of Sen. Dianne Feinstein, Sen. John McCain and the President’s Chief Of Staff, Denis McDonough, to figure out how to convince Congress to do the right thing.

Of course, this didn’t go over so well with Sen. James Inhofe, who said of the move:

“It appears to me this latest push to close GITMO is because the terrorists have begun a hunger strike,” Inhofe said. “Specifically, the far left has used this as a rallying cry to revive their continuing obsession with closing the base despite strong support from Congress to keep GITMO open. But this misses the fundamental point. Is this hunger strike not a political act designed to attempt to change American policy? My question to the far left is: if you close the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay are you not letting the terrorists win?”

This is what we’re up against.

This entry was posted in Far-right Intellectual Violence, John McCain, Republican Party, Stupid Party, Terrorism, Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    Just another reason – among many – as to why James Inhofe (R-NOT-OK) is in need of a boiler room beatdown.

  • Jamie

    The Terrorists won when James Imhofe became a US Senator.

  • blackdaug

    Shh…. …..Hey tornadoes…over here. Lets talk about your next visit. See that big house with the blithering idiot out front..Yeah..his name is Imhofe…but don’t concern yourself with that…here is what you do….

    • Victor_the_Crab

      If only these “weather weapons” Alex Jones spews about actually exist.

  • muselet

    Maybe the phrase “letting the terrorists win” still has some power to frighten the really easily frightened—it just seems passé to me, very 2004 and not in a good way—or maybe James Inhofe likes his dimmer constituents to live in fear that scary scary terrorists boo! will kill them in their beds.

    And since many of the hunger strikers are innocent of any crime, calling them “terrorists” is a disgusting slander.

    My question to the far Right is: is it possible, even once, for you to marshal an honest and factual argument?

      I can answer that for you. “No.”

  • LeShan Jones

    The unasked follow-up question should of course be…win what?
    If your concern senator was American society fundamentally changing because of terrorists, then they already won, you and Bush and the rest of the extremist far right have already changed America because you are cowards.

  • Lady Willpower

    “their continuing obsession with closing the base despite strong support from Congress to keep GITMO open.”

    Sir, I can only speak for myself and my own obsessions. For example, I’m positively obsessed with the idea that we shouldn’t detain people indefinitely without trial. It’s a total hangup of mine! LOL!