Quote of the Morning

“I think that more important than that is making certain that women are recognized by those companies. You know, I’ve always said that I didn’t want to be given a job because I was a female, I wanted it because I was the most well-qualified person for the job. And making certain that companies are going to move forward in that vein, that is what women want. They don’t want the decisions made in Washington. They want to be able to have the power and the control and the ability to make those decisions for themselves.” Marsha Blackburn (R-Crazy Caucus)

Whah? Women should make decisions about equal pay themselves? I thought the problem was that women were being forced to earn less than men — not that they were choosing smaller paychecks for equal work. Well that solves it, women. Ask for more money!

This entry was posted in Crazy Caucus, Quote and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Shorter Marsha Blackburn: Women don’t work for money, they just want recognition.

    Even shorter Marsha Balckburn: Derp.

    –alopecia

  • Nefercat

    Well, I for one, have been very disappointed in my union efforts in this regard. Year after year, they waste time negotiating for raises. Pffft. Just tell me I’m a good girl, I am, and I can use that pat on the head to keep the utilities on and the pets in kibble.

    Oh, wait…

  • D_C_Wilson

    Notice how she flips from talking about the wage gap to whether women should be hired because they’re the best qualified person for the job