Quote of the Morning

“The young folks who are coming into each of your services are anywhere from 17 to 22 or 23. Gee whiz, the hormone level created by nature sets in place the possibility for these types of things to occur. So we’ve got to be very careful how we address it on our side.” Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) on the military sexual assault issue

The good news? Chambliss is retiring. Not a second too soon. This is the same guy who smeared Max Cleland, who left three limbs in Vietnam, as unpatriotic.

This entry was posted in Military, Quote and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    “The young folks who are coming into each of your services are anywhere from 17 to 22 or 23. Gee whiz, the hormone level created by nature sets in place the possibility for these types of things to occur. So we’ve got to be very careful how we address it on our side.”

    So, young men aged 17-23 are just naturally rapists? Gee, Chambliss, why don’t you share some stories of your younger days with us? Say, what you were up to between 17-23 when your “naturally created hormone level set in place the possibility for certain types of things to occur”?

    Also, please explain the sexual assaults committed by long-term military members who are well beyond the 17-23 year old age range (you know, when a young man’s fancy naturally turns to rape).

    In addition, please explain how these naturally created rape hormones only direct the possessor of said hormones toward victims of lesser strength or power.

    After explaining these things to us, why don’t you fuck yourself with a chainsaw, you horrid old goat?

  • muselet

    Saxby Chambliss wasn’t running for reelection last year, so he couldn’t be a member of Team Rape. He missed the chance to be appalling when all the cool kids were doing it, but he’s determined to make up for that now.

    On the one hand, the sooner the Senate is rid of this putz the better. On the other hand, as Charlie Pierce reminded us yesterday, “It should be pointed out, again, that it is entirely possible that Saxby Chambliss may be replaced by someone even worse than he is. Oy.”

    A nice retirement gift to give to Saxby Chambliss would be a savage boiler room beatdown!